Wiki Posts
Search

How to claim points for past flights?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:28 am
Original Poster

How to claim points for past flights?

Hey guys,

I just have a question. How in the blazes do I claim points for past flights? I visited this thread here but found it to be less than useful as the tips it provided did not point me to a solution. Any ideas? I have 3 past flights I'd like to redeem.

Thanks!!!
Old Jan 18, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Go to Southwest.com, and login. Click the "details" link next to your points summary.

On the next page, there is a drop down called "Quick Links" to the right of "Snapshot", "My Travel", "My Rapid Rewards", "My Preferences". Click that Quick Links drop down. The third option is "Request Past Flight Points". Select it.

Enter your old flight's confirmation number in the box, hit enter, you're done.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
The following should be the current direct link if you are logged-in to the website (if you are not, it should prompt you to log-in and then take you directly to the page):

Request Past Flight Points

Here's the text of the page too:

"You can request past flight points for travel completed within the past 12 months.
Only flights taken over 48 hours ago will be reviewed for past flight points.
Name and date of birth associated with the passenger's reservation must match the name and date of birth in the Member's Rapid Reward account.
Travel on Rapid Rewards Awards, Companion Passes, non-revenue (free) tickets, or charter flights are ineligible for points.
Past points request for our Partners must be submitted directly to the Partner.
For more information on receiving past Partner Points, see our FAQ."
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

That helped a lot. Thanks, guys!

I'm an idiot. I had a flight that was a couple of months shy of being within the 1-year cutoff period or whatever the limit is. I'm stuck with just redeeming my last two flights.

Moral of the story: You snooze, you lose. Log in always!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.