Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile Boarding Passes?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:05 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Given that "mobile" is another word for "cellphone", the language works just fine.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:08 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mritty
Given that "mobile" is another word for "cellphone", the language works just fine.
Not in the first six online thesauruses I checked. "Mobile telephone," yes. Simply "mobile," no.

This one did indicate that it is used in Australia and the UK.

But, I will allow your exception. I also will continue to carry my very mobile paper ones. My work involves electronics and test equipment. The consistent thing about all of it is that it breaks eventually and at the time you need to use it. Much of my equipment is still analog for the same reason.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Really? None of the first SIX you tried were simply dictionary.com?

Originally Posted by http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mobile
2. Digital Technology . pertaining to or noting a cell phone, usually one with computing ability, or a portable, wireless computing device used while held in the hand, as in mobile tablet; mobile PDA; mobile app .
11. Mobile phone
Old Jan 3, 2012, 10:39 am

Lol. Really? We're going to get into a discussion on "mobile" and "electronic".

Give me a break. Mobile boarding passes. Electronic boarding passes. All the same.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
Lol. Really? We're going to get into a discussion on "mobile" and "electronic".

Give me a break. Mobile boarding passes. Electronic boarding passes. All the same.
Yeah, I know, I tried to make a joke (obviously a bad one) and this spitting match was on. It was fun for a while, but I'm out.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:30 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Whatever you call them, I want to be able to skip the ticket counter (especially the new one at SNA which is almost at the beach) and not deal with hunting down a printer at a hotel.

I just don't hold much faith in the WN IT department to make the things work. After all, I can't log in to MySouthwest to book a flight from the hours of 1a MST-4a MST.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
Whatever you call them, I want to be able to skip the ticket counter (especially the new one at SNA which is almost at the beach) and not deal with hunting down a printer at a hotel.

I just don't hold much faith in the WN IT department to make the things work. After all, I can't log in to MySouthwest to book a flight from the hours of 1a MST-4a MST.
FYI - WN does currently. It have mobile boarding passes.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
FYI - WN does currently. It have mobile boarding passes.
No, they don't. You still have to reprint a BP, either at the airport or on a printer.

A mobile boarding pass is something that the TSA scans, like this that allows someone to completely bypass the ticket counter or hotel printer (that may or may not work).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.