Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ticketless Travel Funds About to Expire

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Ticketless Travel Funds About to Expire

I currently have about $166 in Ticketless Travel Funds that are due to expire soon. They are from two tickets, which my wife and I flew with. $130 worth of funds are due to expire on 6/13/12, and the remaining $36 expire on 7/12/12. All of the funds came from price drops on tickets.

I need to fly to San Juan, PR on 12/22/12 for a cruise we have booked, and I would like to use these funds, even though they are not a huge amount, towards tickets for me and my wife on AirTran. Is this possible at all?

Can the funds be turned into a voucher or gift card and used on AirTran?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:02 am

You're pretty much hosed in this case. As always, read the Wiki for more details.

As far as I know, you can't use Southwest vouchers or TTF's for travel on AirTran. That's your first problem. Second problem is that those funds are for two different passengers and can't be combined. For example, that $130 is probably $65 for you and $65 for your wife. Now, if you let each TTF expire, you could pay $75 for each TTF and have it reissued as a LUV voucher good for anyone to use. Problem is that none of your individual TTF's (even if you combined them) look to be more than $75...

Combining TTF's simply means booking a trip using multiple TTF balances then canceling that trip. See Wiki for more details.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.