Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

As of 1/5/12, Ultimate Rewards points will transfer 1:1 to WN, but NOT AS CPQPs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

As of 1/5/12, Ultimate Rewards points will transfer 1:1 to WN, but NOT AS CPQPs

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:47 pm

And popping up in my Twitter feed...looks like the 1:1 transfer is now active on UltimateRewards.com...and with the no-AS CPQPs as expected..

http://milecards.com/3262/southwest-...nsfer-partner/

Interesting that in 'rare' cases it could take 7 days to transfer but they promise instant as the standard.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:25 pm

I did a transfer to check it out, 30 seconds later I had the points in my account. No surprise, but they definitely aren't CPQPs.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards Gold, Hilton HHonors Silver
For me, the main advantage is that Chase does not restrict which RR account receives the points. So, these points can go to my wife or children to get enough points for a WGA award without leaving the points "stranded." This gives me a value per Ultimate Reward point of about $0.02 ($0.0167 plus the advantage of not paying some of the taxes on the ticket).
Old Jan 6, 2012, 3:34 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by DavidBr
This gives me a value per Ultimate Reward point of about $0.02 ($0.0167 plus the advantage of not paying some of the taxes on the ticket).
Plus refundability to your account, with no locking of the points to that passenger.
Old Jan 8, 2012, 1:32 pm

Just wanted to send a thanks to the OP for alerting me to this! I was able to transfer 3000 points IMMEDIATELY which got me a standard one-way ticket that I used instantaneously! Total time was 15 minutes.

Good job Chase & SW!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Very impressed by Chase. Continuing to go hard after Amex card holder IMO, and doing a great job at it!
I'm going to downgrade my Amex Surpass (Hilton) card in March before the annual fee is due and switch half my spend for 2012 to the Chase Sapph off my Amex PR Gold card. I'm a WN Visa cardholder but I like the flexibility of being able to xfer to CO and Marriott as well.

Wish Sapph would offer some of the same traveler protections (premium car rental, trip insurance) as Amex....(apologies if they do and I just don't know it yet, I'm a newly-minted Sapphire cardholder)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:43 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
...protections...
Discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ts-thread.html
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Thanks, mia! You never fail...
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:17 pm

Can someone help me out and confirm if I'm looking at this UR transfer correctly?

For example, SW is charging $100 for a one way flight. When I look at paying with points, it's about 5,xxx points.

Since UR transfers to SW on a 1:1 basis, does that mean I can transfer $50 worth of UR points to SW and pay for my $100 flight? Is it really that simple?

I feel like this is too good to be true. Thanks, in advance!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kenbo
Can someone help me out and confirm if I'm looking at this UR transfer correctly?

For example, SW is charging $100 for a one way flight. When I look at paying with points, it's about 5,xxx points.

Since UR transfers to SW on a 1:1 basis, does that mean I can transfer $50 worth of UR points to SW and pay for my $100 flight? Is it really that simple?

I feel like this is too good to be true. Thanks, in advance!
Do you already have the other 2900 pts or so in your SWA account? If so, yes they combine. You can only transfer in 1,000 increments though, so you would have to transfer 3k points to your RR account.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11
Do you already have the other 2900 pts or so in your SWA account? If so, yes they combine. You can only transfer in 1,000 increments though, so you would have to transfer 3k points to your RR account.
Thanks!

It seems that transferring UR points to SW is good value given the fixed cost of SW points.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kenbo
Thanks!

It seems that transferring UR points to SW is good value given the fixed cost of SW points.
It is, I just wish they would count as CPQPs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.