Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN E-prize promo: 7,000,000 point giveaway for playing Yahtzee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN E-prize promo: 7,000,000 point giveaway for playing Yahtzee

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

So should they avoid themselves?

Are you stuck in a time warp, thinking of the old SWA?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by nsx
I'll go one step further and state that Southwest should have avoided any association with eprize. That company invariably presents its sweepstakes in a misleading manner, disclosing the actual operation (drawing strictly by time of day) only in the fine, fine print. Southwest should avoid any partner that deals in deception.
If prizes are randomized over every possible second of the promo (rather than weighting peak usage times), then the early bird may get the worm because the odds of a winning roll go up big time during periods of light or no usage. If from 3 till 5am nobody rolls, the winning role is waiting for the person who rolls at 5:01am.

If I help anyone win the big jackpot be sure to book a few trips for me. I won't hold my breath though.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by czpdx
Played three days in a row now. Exact same roll each time: 2, 3, 4, 4, 6

Coincidence?
I played for the first time just now and got the exact same roll as you did.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 8:39 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Southwest A-list Preferred, Delta Million Miler
The game works for me, but when I roll the dice come up very quickly and are covered up almost instantly by the "sorry you didn't win screen." In other words, it all happens so fast I can't even see what dice I rolled. It just goes to the "you didn't win message," so I have no idea what I rolled. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Jul 23, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
I'vd done the game every day for the past week and (other than not winning) I've had no problems with the software. I know that I haven't gotten the same numbers each time, though I can't say for sure if they've been unique every single day.

Really can't believe the whining in this thread.

If you don't like WN, don't play.
If you don't like ePrize, don't play.
If you can't make it work on your computer, don't play.
If it is really causing you so much stress that you have to post repeatedly about it, don't play.
Old Jul 23, 2011, 10:20 pm

I've gotten the game to work twice now, finally. 2, 3, 4, 4, 6. Really? They can't even set it up to randomize the non-winning rolls? Lame.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by boeing727
The game works for me, but when I roll the dice come up very quickly and are covered up almost instantly by the "sorry you didn't win screen." In other words, it all happens so fast I can't even see what dice I rolled. It just goes to the "you didn't win message," so I have no idea what I rolled. Anyone else having this issue?
The die are stacked vertically on the right hand side. You have 'did not win' fixation, stop visualizing on the losing message

BTW, game now works under IE 8 so what-ever bug they had a few days back seems to be fixed, at least on my end.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
It's Addictive Isn't it?

Unfortunately you can only play YAHTZEE once a day. But sign in tomorrow (and every day through September 30, 2011) for more chances to win up to ONE MILLION Rapid RewardsŪ Points!
No it's not.

I would like to be able to play once a day. It is a cute distraction. But, it does not work. The script locks up and when I reload it says I have already played.

Might be fun. I will try again every day or so.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:19 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I don't find it fun because I know that the superficially interesting appearance has no relationship to the underlying reality. It reminds me of "bolt-ons".
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:52 pm

Never win

I play 3 times a day. My RR#, my dad's RR#, and my GF's RR#. (They don't get into games like I do). Every game that SW has I play 3 ways. I still have not won one prize.

And yes, I get the same roll many times.

Has anyone ever won on a SW game?

I never have. But I will keep trying. Which is what SW wants me to do.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
I've gotten the game to work twice now, finally. 2, 3, 4, 4, 6. Really? They can't even set it up to randomize the non-winning rolls? Lame.
2,2,3,6,6 is the other combination I get when I do not roll the 2,3,4,4,6
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
This game worked for a couple of days for me but hasn't produced a result (dice) for 4 days in a row. I've switched browsers - no luck. Big turn off.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: AA mostly
I clicked "let's roll" and nothing happened. Clicked it again and it said I already won and they needed to confirm my address.

A few minutes later rec'd an email that I won 30,000 points.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 11:42 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

Wow, congratulations, nshelledy!
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA mostly
Thanks! I'm trying to decide if I should be the best friend ever and get my best friend tickets to SFO for her honeymoon since she can't afford to go anywhere....
Or keep them for myself?
Damnit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.