list of WN website bugs/issues

Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Called the SW A+ line and had the agent cancel the 2nd res & refund my CC (It was a WGA fare and I couldn't have cancelled with a refund myself). The few $$ that should be left on one TTF haven't shown up yet, however.
You have 24 hours to cancel *any* reservation for a full refund. Don't know if you can do it on-line, though. But I suspect so...
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:11 am

Can't see availability or book standard award for flight on the expiration date (6/27/11). System lets me select tab for the day of expiration, but the column showing award availability is missing. Prior dates work correctly, later dates are, appropriately, grayed out and can't be selected at all.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
(It was a WGA fare and I couldn't have cancelled with a refund myself). The few $$ that should be left on one TTF haven't shown up yet, however.
I don't know about the current incarnation of the website, but in the past you could cancel WGA's online less than 24 hours after purchase and get a refund.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
If I hadn't been paying close attention I would have missed that it double-booked me. I would have picked it up later when viewing future res, but don't know when and it might have been more difficult to get the refund.
Not to worry. The reservation system would have detected two tickets on the same flight and cancelled both as speculative bookings.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: UAL, LH, AF, SQ, HAL
"undefined error" results in double booking, not all $$ refunded

Good day to you all. I am new to this forum. I began searching for info on the problem I have recently encountered with Southwest and found this forum. You all are very helpful, and I thank you.

I, also, recently attempted to buy tickets on SW's website but received the "undefined error." In accordance with the instructions in the error message, I went back & tried again, but received the same error message. At that point I had lunch and came back to my computer to find that the system had booked two sets of tickets. So, whoever posted that SW's website wouldn't allow double-bookings, that was not my experience.

I immediately called 1-800-I-FLY-SWA. The queue was long, so I requested a call back. The automated system called me back about half an hour later. As the system transferred me to a live agent, it hung up on me. So I called again, and again requested a call back. Ditto. And ditto again. That afternoon--Wednesday the 15th--after THEIR error double booked me, THEIR system hung up on me THREE times.

That evening I finally got through to a live person. She canceled the errant tickets and refunded the purchase price, but said that to refund the Early Bird checkin fees I had to call Customer Care.

The Customer Care line is ALWAYS busy. (I suspect I now know the reason why.) So I sent an email. The email reply I received seems to have been written to someone else but addressed to me, since it does not address my issue but discusses some other problem.

So I sent ANOTHER email. And kept trying the customer care line, which is just plain ALWAYS busy. In desperation I called the 800 number back, and while they were very nice, they couldn't help me.

So, after being a long-time SWA customer with a SW VISA card for many years, I estimate that I have spent 6-7 hours dealing with THEIR ERROR, and it's still not right.

Southwest, are you listening? The FIRST rule of customer service is: keep your existing customers happy. Southwest, I want my money back for the Early Bird checkin fees, and I want to be compensated for my time.

Maybe, just maybe, you should spend a little less time patting yourselves on the back for 40 years in business, and figuring out how you're going to STAY in business for the next 40 years.

I fly out of Denver. United and Frontier are suddenly looking better and better.

Thank you all for "listening" to me vent. I appreciate it.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Trivial, but the Volaris route map for WN Mexico service has no routes on it.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Machta, call the 800 number and ask them to transfer you to their supervisors in customer relations group in Dallas. If they say they can't do that, they are full of it because they've done it inadvertently for me before.

Of course, the CR group isn't available on the weekends...

On a side note, I sent an email to WN about the price paid for future travel not available on the website when it used to be so. I actually got a call back from a 'Ken' at WN that went to voice mail. He said that's the first time he had heard of it but would forward the issue along. How many times have we heard that?
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by texashoser
Machta, call the 800 number and ask them to transfer you to their supervisors in customer relations group in Dallas. If they say they can't do that, they are full of it because they've done it inadvertently for me before.

Of course, the CR group isn't available on the weekends...

On a side note, I sent an email to WN about the price paid for future travel not available on the website when it used to be so. I actually got a call back from a 'Ken' at WN that went to voice mail. He said that's the first time he had heard of it but would forward the issue along. How many times have we heard that?
Thanks for your thought--I've actually spoken with a supervisor, and he said that I had to call customer care M-F.

We're headed out on a camping trip tomorrow. I have a 2-page handwritten letter with twelve pages of documentation that I'm sending to Customer Care via priority mail this morning. I hope I get a reply, but I no longer have confidence in Southwest. How sad.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Machta
Thanks for your thought--I've actually spoken with a supervisor, and he said that I had to call customer care M-F.
But did you specifically ask to be transferred? If they say they can't, then tell them that you know for a fact that they have backdoor, priority lines to CR in Dallas and that you've been transferred before and that you don't appreciate being told something that isn't true. Knowledge is key and they aren't going to offer up something like this voluntarily. Obviously, this won't work on the weekends because the CR group is closed.

This should save you a lot of time vs. compiling a bunch of paperwork and mailing it in.

Another tip about calling the CR group. Yes, it's always busy, but if you hang up, redial, hang up, redial, you should eventually get through. I think the longest it's taken me to get through is about two minutes.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 1:03 pm

2 minutes? I am AL pref and cant even get through that quick!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laxabq
2 minutes? I am AL pref and cant even get through that quick!
I'm talking about the CR 214-932-0333 number and the amount of time it takes me to hang up, redial, etc, to finally get through the busy signal.

As for calling the 800 number, I'm AL+ too and after calling, entering in my birthday, etc, I've never waited more than a minute.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by texashoser
But did you specifically ask to be transferred? If they say they can't, then tell them that you know for a fact that they have backdoor, priority lines to CR in Dallas and that you've been transferred before and that you don't appreciate being told something that isn't true. Knowledge is key and they aren't going to offer up something like this voluntarily. Obviously, this won't work on the weekends because the CR group is closed.

This should save you a lot of time vs. compiling a bunch of paperwork and mailing it in.

Another tip about calling the CR group. Yes, it's always busy, but if you hang up, redial, hang up, redial, you should eventually get through. I think the longest it's taken me to get through is about two minutes.

Texas, thanks for the tip. I did send them a whole bunch of documentation via USPS Priority (still "snail" though!) mail yesterday. We're headed out for a couple of days camping (right into the teeth of a nice summer storm in the Colorado high country, snow showers possible Monday morning--SWEET!) so if I don't have a reply/resolution waiting upon our return, I'll try what you suggested. Thanks again!
Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:57 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

There are way too many to list them all, but here is one I recently encountered for the first time:
When attempting to book an RR 1.x award, instead of being listed as Sold Out or Unavailable, sold out flights are not listed at all on the flight availability page. Quite disconcerting when you start the Modify Itinerary process, your flight sold out after you booked an Award, and you are looking at other options on the same travel date. The other non-stop on the route that day was also sold out, so it was really strange to see zero non-stops when I knew there should be two!
texashoser, you should maintain an index of the issues in the OP (or a copy of the OP the mods can add to the top of the thread for you, if you prefer). See the latest Survival Tips thread for an example. (Note that significant issues discussed in their own thread, like the inflated price in points issue can be listed in the index post.

I was tempted to add that you should also include a status indicator so that the fixed issues can be marked as such, but it doesn't seem likely that will become necessary for at least several years.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:53 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Another new issue that experienced for the first time this weekend. I held off posting about it in case it was related to the older computer / older browser / different OS I was using, but I just found the same problem on a different (borrowed) computer running Chrome on Windows:
The modify search fields and "links" (e.g., Add another flight, and Additional Search Options (case style variation: sic)) on the fare quote / select flight page don't work at all.
When the city input fields first broke some weeks or months ago, you could activate them by clicking the flyout button, but that no longer does the trick. With every code update the site gets more and more broken.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ftnoob
texashoser, you should maintain an index of the issues in the OP (or a copy of the OP the mods can add to the top of the thread for you, if you prefer). See the latest Survival Tips thread for an example. (Note that significant issues discussed in their own thread, like the inflated price in points issue can be listed in the index post.

I was tempted to add that you should also include a status indicator so that the fixed issues can be marked as such, but it doesn't seem likely that will become necessary for at least several years.
I can try to do this today. Good idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.