Email from WN inviting me to join e-Rewards

Old May 26, 2011, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Email from WN inviting me to join e-Rewards

"You're part of an elite group of Rapid Rewards Members selected to receive this exclusive invitation to join the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel."

Not sure if this is a new sponsorship for WN or not. Anyone know? And is e-Rewards worth messing with?

If these come through as WN partner points, they might be CP-qualifying, which would be valuable for some. At least I am part of an "elite group." First time for everything.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:17 am

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Sounds as if RR is becoming awfully legacy-like.
Old May 26, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
I got the same mailing today. This is handled by a third party. So no actual WN employee will read whatever I have to say; it will be filtered through this third party. I am concluding that doing surveys for them is probably not worth my time.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
E-Rewards has been discussed here.

I joined a few months back and took a survey for 250 CO points. If you have time you can earn yourself a few rewards. The problem that I have with it is that you start the survey, you get a few min into it, then they say you dont qualify because they already have the data from my demographic already (or something similar to that). So you wasted your time and they give you like .10 in reward money. The if you actually start racking up some survey cash they do have a variety of redemption partners.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
"You're part of an elite group of Rapid Rewards Members selected to receive this exclusive invitation to join the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel."...
The group can't be that "elite," because I got the same invitation and I haven't flown WN or racked up any RR point in more than a year.

e-Rewards has positives and negatives. You generally get invited in because you're on a list provided by an e-Rewards redemption affiliate, which Southwest is now. I've been with e-Rewards for some years, having been invited originally by Northwest WorldPerks. Today when I accumulate $100 in e-Rewards currency I redeem it for 7,000 HHonors points and the transaction is immediate and trustworthy.

The big negative is that many of the e-Rewards surveys are badly designed, broken technically, or force you into a long filtering phase that takes you five or eight minutes, after which you're informed that you don't qualify and you get a nickel or a dime, not the suggested $8.00 or $12.00 in the survey invitation.

I get to $100, though, about twice a year.
Old May 26, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, F9 50K, NK Gold...AS MVP 50K soon?
Got the e-mail today as well. Just FYI, $1 in eRewards gets you 33˘ worth of WGA fares if you redeem for Southwest. Other partners are effectively dollar for dollar or better, but they aren't quite as flexible as SWA in what you can redeem them for (aka I fly more than I buy from Omaha Steaks).
Old May 26, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
I got the e-mail today. They offer 350 points bonus after the first survey, if completed within 3 months.
Old May 27, 2011, 8:30 am

Programs: WN CP, A list+; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite
I received a similar invitation from Hertz. It is not elite in any form or fashion. Others may fine it rewarding but it is not worth my time.
Old May 27, 2011, 12:07 pm

Yeah.. received the "for Elites only" message this evening.. when I'm not even that frequent a flier with WN!

I wonder why they felt the need to associate with make-money-by-taking-surveys kind of outfits?!! And if this invite is truly meant for "elites" (presumably folks who give a lot of business to WN), did the airline think its most fequent fliers would be the kind of people who'd have the inclination OR time to fill surveys to make a few bucks?!
Old May 27, 2011, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by zenith2010
Yeah.. received the "for Elites only" message this evening.. when I'm not even that frequent a flier with WN!

I wonder why they felt the need to associate with make-money-by-taking-surveys kind of outfits?!! And if this invite is truly meant for "elites" (presumably folks who give a lot of business to WN), did the airline think its most fequent fliers would be the kind of people who'd have the inclination OR time to fill surveys to make a few bucks?!
As a marketing person, I do want to add that e-rewards is considered a legitimate survey vehicle. Many of the other "opinion" survey sites are malware and/or spam-type sites. So, I just wanted to let you know that premier Marketing Research companies (such JD Powers, etc) consider e-rewards a legitimate research company and a good way to reach out to people and get their opinions on products and services.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:35 am

Any more feedback on this, I received one as well.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:25 pm

They must be back at it?

You're part of an elite group of Rapid Rewards® Members selected to receive this exclusive invitation to join the e-Rewards® Opinion Panel.

To get started, enroll now through this special invitation-only link. You'll receive a Welcome Gift when you complete your profile and get 350 Rapid Rewards Points* when you complete your first survey within three months of enrolling.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 4:43 pm

Just got the invite as well.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 5:18 pm

Got it too.

I'm already a member of e-Rewards.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:20 pm

One more to the chorus, got the invite today.

I did e-Rewards at one point. The site, and business, are legit.

As a way to earn points/miles it's pretty close to the bottom of the well. Outside of the initial sign-up/survey bonus you earn very little in the way of pts/miles for handing over a lot of personal info. I'd much rather spend 5 minutes and $3.95 doing some MS rather than spending an hour filling out surveys and handing over reams of personal info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.