Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

southwest rapid rewards now partners with erewards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Just redeemed some e-rewards points for southwest rapid rewards points this morning. This seems to be a new option, at least for me! They allow you to redeem every 30 days!
Old May 20, 2011, 8:22 am

Thanks for the info. Just redeemed for 2,000 SWA Rapid Rewards points.
Old May 20, 2011, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the news.

Could you please report here whether those are Companion Pass-qualifying points?
Old May 20, 2011, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

It says they will not count towards elite tier status. I don't remember what it said about companion status, if anything. It won't let me go back in to see any more details now since I just redeemed the award. I have to wait another 30 days.
Old May 20, 2011, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

llt, go to the points page and compare the current month listing for total points to the current month listing for CPQP (once the points transfer has posted). That (for now, at least) is more important than whatever it might say at erewards.com

So how many points did you have to transfer for 2,000 RR points, and how much time did you spend earning those points?
Old May 20, 2011, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

They say it will take 4-6 weeks for points to post. I spent $100 for 2000 points. Probably took about 3 hours to earn those points. I know the benefit is small for the cost involved, but I had a glut of points sitting there since they eliminated American Advantage points as an option, so now at least I can use them for something...........
Old May 20, 2011, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by lauriellovestravel
Just redeemed some e-rewards points for southwest rapid rewards points this morning. This seems to be a new option, at least for me! They allow you to redeem every 30 days!
I am probably going to advertise my ignorance, (nothing new for me), but where exactly was this offer? I did not see WN as a member on the e-rewards site.

Thanks!

GVretiredguy
Old May 20, 2011, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

When you log in to your erewards account, and pull up the reward options, rapid rewards is listed under 3 of the award categories, $100, $50 and $25, I think. The Southwest logo is also on the left side along with the logos for their other rewards partners.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: Mega Bus Plaid; Southwest Airlines Ruby and Bates Motel Platinum
Does anyone know if the names on the E-rewards account have to match the recipient Rapid Rewards account or can it be transfered into a spouse's account?
Old May 20, 2011, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by GVretiredguy
I am probably going to advertise my ignorance, (nothing new for me), but where exactly was this offer? I did not see WN as a member on the e-rewards site.

This is a distant recollection for me, but I think that if you initially joined e-rewards from certain airlines' promotions, they don't list other airlines.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by lauriellovestravel
When you log in to your erewards account, and pull up the reward options, rapid rewards is listed under 3 of the award categories, $100, $50 and $25, I think. The Southwest logo is also on the left side along with the logos for their other rewards partners.
Originally Posted by rove312
This is a distant recollection for me, but I think that if you initially joined e-rewards from certain airlines' promotions, they don't list other airlines.
Thanks to lauriellovestravel and rove312. I must have originally joined thru F9 because I can only see their program as an option. Guess I'll have to contact E-rewards and see if they can change that.
Old May 21, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by muflyer
Does anyone know if the names on the E-rewards account have to match the recipient Rapid Rewards account or can it be transfered into a spouse's account?
No, but if you want to be sure, you can change the e-rewards account name very easily.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 9:08 pm

The folks that thought up e-rewards and the companies that hire them to push their surveys are geniuses.

From time to time, I do marketing research surveys where I am paid $150 to $200 for two hours of my time to evaluate software, give my opinions about a product, etc.

I figured out, that on average, it will take you about an hour of time to garner $25 of e-rewards currency. That doesn't include the 1-2 minutes for the .$25 you get for beginning a survey for which you don't qualify - which will end up being the majority of surveys you attempt.

Since it takes $100 of e-rewards currency to get 2000 RR points and those points equate to $33.33 of WN WGA currency, you spend four hours of your time for those $33 WN bucks. Or, in other words, you're compensated $8.33 per hour for your time.

I know companies spend big $$$ to hire market research firms, so the middle guys in this scheme should be making out quite nicely. With that said, the compensation seems way to light to keep people from dropping out of this program.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Thanks for the news.

Could you please report here whether those are Companion Pass-qualifying points?
Posted in a different thread and then got linked to this, so I will post it here in case anyone is reading this thread in the future and still wants the answer - yes they are CPQP. Just posted 500 RR points today and they are counting as CPQP.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Smile

I believe
The Southwest E-reward is an invite only program
Thanks for clarifying that they qualify for CPQP. I just transferred $50 two days ago and they have already posted but my account still says

Your Tier Status is pending due to an End of Year processing.
This does not affect your status, only the information displayed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.