FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Online companion pass booking workaround (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/1190126-online-companion-pass-booking-workaround.html)

SpeedyDelivery Mar 2, 2011 4:49 pm

Online companion pass booking workaround

If the Southwest.com website will not allow you to book a companion pass reservation, here is the direct URL to the booking page:

Code:

http://www.southwest.com/account/rapidrewards/bookCompanion.html?recordLocator={PNR}&ss=0
You'll need to replace the {PNR} with the PNR of the ticket you'd like to add your companion to, and after logging in the link will automatically create a companion pass booking using the flight info from the PNR you inserted.

Thanks to bobcollie for the shorter url method.

[in past days there was a security issue with this link, but the bug is now fixed]

hindukid Mar 2, 2011 5:22 pm

Thanks. Cool trick that worked for me.

bobcollie Mar 2, 2011 7:55 pm

Even easier

[Even more clever method deleted by nsx due to a security issue flagged by an alert FT member. Fortunately the normal online CP booking process appears to be available now.]

bobcollie Mar 2, 2011 7:55 pm

Even easier

[Even more clever method deleted by nsx due to a security issue flagged by an alert FT member. Fortunately the normal online CP booking process appears to be available now.]

jtaft Mar 2, 2011 10:25 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I truly dislike making bookings on the phone 'cause then they're not in your online listing. Not that I can get a listing of my upcoming flights today (!$#$$ website) but was about to succumb to that as I needed to book two CP segments today. So many thanks!

dlaue Mar 2, 2011 10:29 pm

I have to book a companion pass for a flight on March 28th.

Hope it all works better by then. :td::td::td:

starflyer Mar 3, 2011 6:26 am

How does one go about booking CP travel on the new site? Do you need to book your own travel, then go back and book your companion as a separate step, i.e. you cannot book both tickets at the same time?

normandy7 Mar 3, 2011 6:34 am

Is there anyway to check upcoming CP travel schedule?

emeraldtx Mar 3, 2011 8:30 am

Originally Posted by normandy7 (Post 15967110)
Is there anyway to check upcoming CP travel schedule?

I had to check through my companion's RR account. Stinks.

emeraldtx Mar 3, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you SO much for this link! Was in dire need of booking my companion & it wasn't working through the regular site... worked like a charm using your link. :)

FlyforSAP Mar 3, 2011 9:35 am

Link Didn't Work for Me

:td: * We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
* Reference code: SW900000-KV8A-zBWgcHWZRl2f8oFezSM8aQ Occurred on: 03/03/2011 10:34:31

witzer Mar 3, 2011 9:49 am

This worked like a charm. I was able to book CP travel

CavePearl Mar 3, 2011 11:09 am

Didn't work for me either.

We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Reference code: SW900000-JG6C-wUXGNQoTSFypIj3ElrAW8A Occurred on: 03/03/2011 12:00:09

Speechlady Mar 3, 2011 6:08 pm

CP booking not working again--what's the workaround?

expert7700 Mar 3, 2011 11:38 pm

there was a workaround posted to allow a CP to be booked without seeing the fight in your upcoming itineraries first.

However it had a security flaw due to a bug in the southwest site. It's been escalated to Southwest's it department who seem to have moved very quickly on it.

My own RR account will not show upcoming itineraries or allow CP booking, a friends will. Even a call to Southwest could not get a CP reservation booked. They told me to call back in 1-2 days to book a flight for sunday, which had 3 open seats left on it. Finally a supervisor agreed to put the ticket on hold, pending a $2.50 payment at the airport upto an hour before the flight.