Wiki Posts
Search

Online companion pass booking workaround

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List
Companion Pass booking question???

I don't believe this question has been posted yet:

In RR 2.0, how do I book a CP reservation when there is no reservation in the CP holder's acct? I am the designated flying companion to Mr. D. Mr. D's employer requires that he book all reservations through their company travel site. Therefore, his reservations do not show up in his RR account, even when his RR# is attached to the reservation. So now, I can't figure out how to book my CP tickets w/o his reservation in his account? Any ideas? Am I missing something? Of course, it was very simple w/ RR 1.0. Not anymore...as far as I can tell!
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:10 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The workaround that was previously posted in this thread probably would have worked. Does anybody have an update on whether the security issue has been resolved?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: spg (Plt) Hilton (gold) Marriott (silver) WN (CP & A-listerP) Delta Silver AA gold
Tried to book a CP companion ticket for a one way travel when the CP holder was traveling round trip. Couldn't be accomplished on line. Before the 1 Mar change I could do it online.

Called the booking desk and they said it should be able to be done oneline but couldn't tell me how.

Please correct this as my companion travels a lot of one way with me and then goes (with a paid SWA ticket) somewhere else.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:27 am

Programs: WN A-List (w/CP), Hilton Diamond
CP booking is now working. I was just able to add CP to a previously booked flight. ^
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:47 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ftnoob
Does anybody have an update on whether the security issue has been resolved?
The security issue I found and reported to SWABrian has indeed been fixed, per their IT dept's email back to me and my testing. If anyone sees anything unusual in terms of credit card info containing gibberish or saved emails/alternate email addresses being wrong, please PM.

The direct link posted earlier to book a CP is:

"http://www.southwest.com/account/rapidrewards/bookCompanion.html?
recordLocator={PNR#}&ss=0"

If you're not logged in it you will be prompted to log in to southwest first.

replace the PNR# in brackets with your companion pass earner's flight confirmation number number.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: status-less.
I'm in exactly the same position as drooley above (post 16). While the workaround did wonders for me a few days ago, now it doesn't work. I used Travel Tools to add my Rapid Rewards number to the reservation made by my employer. The trip did not show up online but after waiting a while, logging out and then back in, it now does.

But, of course, trying to "Add a companion pass" brings up the Oops! page.

It appears that I can add a Companion to flights that were booked by me, online, but I can't add a Companion to flights booked by others even if I've attached my RapidRewards number to those flights. So the bug must be related to the flag that makes it impossible to modify flights booked for you by others.

This does, however, bring up another observation. I have a flight I booked for myself online, before RR2.0. At the time that reservation was made, the website was (as usual) not working. So I made a Companion reservation over the telephone. With the debut of RR2.0 that CP reservation (that didn't used to show up anywhere) now shows up in my Companion's account, not mine! And the website will allow me to go forward with making a Companion reservation for the flight for which I've already booked a CP fare over the phone.

Makes one wonder if there's a hole here that could be exploited to have multiple Companions on the same flight, or to have Companions fly by themselves by creatively making&canceling reservations. Not that I'm going to try this myself; I'm too afraid my legit Companion reservations won't work!

Last edited by jtaft; Mar 9, 2011 at 6:44 pm
Old Mar 9, 2011, 6:46 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jtaft
Makes one wonder if there's a hole here that could be exploited to have multiple Companions on the same flight, or to have Companions fly by themselves by creatively making&canceling reservations. Not that I'm going to try this myself; I'm too afraid my legit Companion reservations won't work!
It has never been hard to create multiple CP reservations. The Ops Agent will catch your scheme at the gate. You definitely don't want to play games with your CP.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:20 pm

this works... If you need the PNR just look at your points details link on account and you'll see a redemption with PNR # in between

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.