Wiki Posts
Search

RR2.0 Login Problems - Solutions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Diamond, AA LT Gold, SouthWest Comp Pass
Originally Posted by swag
I was unable to log in this morning.

Now, I was able to, and to set up my new userid (a feature I like) and click around a bit. But it's painfully slow. I'm also in IT, and I give the load test team an F on this one. Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of traffic today, but someday there will be a big sale, or a big snowstorm, and it'll be just as bad.

And only some of my past and future trips show up. And if there's somewhere that shows my pre-conversion credit total, I can't find it.
Can't log in either. I am also in IT and I think that an "F" is being kind.

When exactly did it go down? Was it midnight Saturday night?
So we are approaching 72 hours? Surely they could have planned the changeover better and been better prepared. 72 hours is a long time!

They have broken one of the cardinal rules in IT; keep everyone informed! Yes I know the upgrade is extensive and very complicated. Yes I know that delays and setbacks are inevitable. These are the realities of an upgrade and make it even more important to keep everyone informed.

Anything would be better than what they have done. A mass email, a webpage showing updates and the status...anything!

Sigh...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN P+, Hertz President's Circle, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond
Still Down

We are currently unable to complete your request due to an undefined error. If this is the first time you have seen this message, please go back and try again. If you continue to have difficulties, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
From FB:

Southwest Airlines We are aware of the issues with southwest.com today. We have all hands on deck to resolve the issues as quickly as possible. As you may know, we are launching our All-New Rapid Rewards program today, and we appreciate your patience as we work to get the site back up to speed!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: swa
If you can't count on SWA, who can you count on?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
SWABIZ Officially offline- notice

Just tried to log into SWABIZ-

"This portion of the Southwest Airlines website is undergoing maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
If this issue persists, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792)."
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Obviously Southwest should have started the New Rapid Rewards exactly one month later.

Then we would have been better prepared for what has happened...
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:13 pm

Location: Usually LAX or SFO but sometimes MIA in the winter or LCY or PVK in the summer and every now and then SIN or SGN
Programs: in ASM, APL & C++ but never Java
Very frustrating, resorted to calling and hold time was estimated ~20 mins (hung up after 5)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:19 pm
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
hey everyone,
I know you are frustrated, and I am sorry. I wish I had an update but I don't, and I apologize for that. It is all hands on deck with our Technology and Marketing folks. But I know that's little consolation. If I hear something, I will share.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by SWABrian
hey everyone,
I know you are frustrated, and I am sorry. I wish I had an update but I don't, and I apologize for that. It is all hands on deck with our Technology and Marketing folks. But I know that's little consolation. If I hear something, I will share.
Thanks for the update Brian. Doesn't seem like this upgrade went as planned.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:22 pm

Programs: SWA Companion Pass, SWA A-list+, National Executive, Hilton Diamond
hey everyone,
Not a problem at all. Just booked my Friday flight on Virgin America.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: SWA, UAL, SPG, AA
hey everyone,
Brian can you at least tell us who provides your IT solution so I can short their stocks?

Good luck!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
hey everyone,
Marketing folks: "Please step away from the servers"

Good luck sorting this out. I give up for today. Just glad I don't need to make any changes or book a flight today.....
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
hey everyone,
Thanks for checking in.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:40 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
website down?

I am not able to log in on SouthWest.com. It says to 'try later.' Kind of annoying. If they are doing maintenance, shouldn't there be a notice?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Originally Posted by luv2buynfly
Originally Posted by swag
I was unable to log in this morning.

Now, I was able to, and to set up my new userid (a feature I like) and click around a bit. But it's painfully slow. I'm also in IT, and I give the load test team an F on this one. Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of traffic today, but someday there will be a big sale, or a big snowstorm, and it'll be just as bad.

And only some of my past and future trips show up. And if there's somewhere that shows my pre-conversion credit total, I can't find it.
Can't log in either. I am also in IT and I think that an "F" is being kind.

When exactly did it go down? Was it midnight Saturday night?
So we are approaching 72 hours? Surely they could have planned the changeover better and been better prepared. 72 hours is a long time!

They have broken one of the cardinal rules in IT; keep everyone informed! Yes I know the upgrade is extensive and very complicated. Yes I know that delays and setbacks are inevitable. These are the realities of an upgrade and make it even more important to keep everyone informed.

Anything would be better than what they have done. A mass email, a webpage showing updates and the status...anything!

Sigh...
the site was just as bad with errors as soon as it launched at 5am.hab eastern. they couldn't have had more than 1% of their average customer load at the time.

how will it handle 99% more? what about during a fare sale whev load goes up 5000%?

Last edited by expert7700; Mar 1, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.