Wiki Posts
Search

RR2.0 Login Problems - Solutions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:03 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
It's working finally. I got in through the My Account link in the lower right corner of the main page at southwest.com.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:11 am

Not for Everyone

Originally Posted by nsx
It's working finally. I got in through the My Account link in the lower right corner of the main page at southwest.com.
Still not working for me, but they are changing the error message. Now says "We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.(SW900001)"
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: WN RR (Informed Kettle)
Not for everyone...

We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.(SW900001)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:12 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Originally Posted by nsx
Unfortunately, using that link I get the following error:

We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.(SW900001)
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by nsx
same link is not working for me . any one tried to make award reservation so far ?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:15 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
I'm sure the hordes of us trying to login every second don't help the situation much....
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
New error message:

An error has occurred. Please visit southwest.com or southwest.com booking for more help.
If this issue persists, please call 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792).
Reference code: 999999999

But the same result: Can't log in.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:18 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by illinidad
That's a little harsh. Clearly though, they either severely underestimated the anticipated spike in traffic or simply didn't plan adequately enough. But, let's also not forget that it may not be IT's issue. Perhaps someone in the management decided they didn't need the resources they needed to prepare for this. I've seen that situation far too many times.
Normally I would agree with you that my statement may have been harsh, but the website has had many repeated issues over the last few months, that I do believe it is fair to expect a functional website from an airline.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
Originally Posted by manuvns
any one tried to make award reservation so far ?
Can't make a reservation via my RR account or even logging out and trying to use the reservation section on the homepage.

I'm sure their whole site is just overloaded, plus half-down with all their IT folks working on the back end
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Also unable to login - either site

7:15a PST-

SWABIZ, southwest.com would not allow login to either site. Claim username, company ID, or password are wrong.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, AA EXP, WN A-List, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I get an error after being asked to set up new userid and security questions.

pretty damn pathetic.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:31 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, HHonors Gold, Southwest A-List Preferred, UA Premier, Hertz Gold
I haven't been able to log in at all and have tried at least 5 times using the various links people have posted. I get the "We are currently unable to complete your request. Please try again later.(SW900001)" error message every time.

Some of you have mentioned calling a phone number to find out your status (A-list Preferred). Which phone number are you calling and what option are you selecting?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: WN A-List/CP, HHonors Diamond, CX J with AA miles, US Gold/*G
Originally Posted by auggie doggie

pretty damn pathetic.
Same here.

At least it doesn't blank out the fields when you try to go back.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by freeflyin
Normally I would agree with you that my statement may have been harsh, but the website has had many repeated issues over the last few months, that I do believe it is fair to expect a functional website from an airline.
Absolutely a fair expectation. I just wanted to point out that things that appear to be IT issues aren't necessarily soley theirs.

However, I think this morning's experience is a complete failure, regardless of whether or not it is caused by IT, management or some other reason. What we're seeing with the website login problems is the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg in terms of complexity, but with four years to plan this thing, and the resources of an airline the size of SWA, this is pathetic and a horrible way to transition their loyal flyers to the new program.

Come on guys. I love SWA. You can do better than this.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by auggie doggie
And one long error reference to boot.

Reference code: SW900000-NA6A-B2aloG9uSmOfNGEm9J77Gg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.