Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Shortcut for rebooking when your flight is canceled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shortcut for rebooking when your flight is canceled

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 2:16 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Lightbulb Shortcut for rebooking when your flight is canceled

When your flight is canceled outright or a disruption has been declared (e.g., due to a hurricane) you should go to southwest.com/rebook and see whether your flight has been flagged for free rebooking privileges. You enter your PNR (reservation code) and name. If you are eligible, you will see a message offering you a one-time opportunity to change your flight date and time within a range of dates that will typically cover 2 weeks.

If this works, it will save you a phone call. I have been told, but had no opportunity to confirm, that you will only be charged the difference between BS and Anytime if you decide to upgrade your WGA reservation to BS.

The main advantage of using southwest.com/rebook is that you can grab an available seat before others who are waiting on the phone to change their reservations.

I encountered this recently, but it was posted once on this forum a year ago by WayUpInTheAir.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
I wish this function worked when there is a companion pass booking linked to your reservation. Especially since availability for new bookings is often zeroed out in bad weather, you can't count on being able to cancel and rebook the companion through the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.