Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

What is Southwest's policy for prices that drop after a ticket is purchased?

What is Southwest's policy for prices that drop after a ticket is purchased?

Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by bakoboy
Thanks for posting the instructions about how to change a Southwest reservation to get a lower fare. I did it and it was about as easy as falling off a log! It was only for $10, but like a previous poster said it is the principle of the matter.
That is my favorite thing about SW - the ability to rebook. Put your confirmation number from this trip in a safe place because you will need it in the future when you go to use the travel funds from the rebooking.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:16 am

FYI: Keep in mind that any available funds must be used (travel completed) within one year of the date of original purchase (not original travel). Also, that if you apply those funds to a new reservation, all funds in that reservation take on the oldest (most quickly expiring) expiration date, should you cancel or refare that subsequent reservation.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bkat73
That is my favorite thing about SW - the ability to rebook. Put your confirmation number from this trip in a safe place because you will need it in the future when you go to use the travel funds from the rebooking.
I love this aspect of SW too, but I really think they should have an easy way that you can see and access your existing travel funds online, rather than having to keep the confirmation numbers written on scraps of paper. I understand it is more profitable the way they do it (many people lose track of their travel funds) but it would really be a nice improvement.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Book it with Points!

Something else worth mentioning is that you can do this with the new points system too. If a fare that you booked on points goes on sale you can rebook with fewer points and the old ones get deposited straight back into your account. Skips the need to keep your old confirmation numbers.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: DL, WN
Originally Posted by ursine1
FYI: Keep in mind that any available funds must be used (travel completed) within one year of the date of original purchase (not original travel). Also, that if you apply those funds to a new reservation, all funds in that reservation take on the oldest (most quickly expiring) expiration date, should you cancel or refare that subsequent reservation.
Can you combine two TTF for one purchase? I.E. I have one $28 TTF and one $24 TTF, and am looking to buy a single one-way...
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Yes, you can use up to two. Of course, you can use more by booking dummy reservations and then canceling immediately (to refund any new money you had to pay) in order to roll them together.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 11:11 am

Programs: DL, WN
Originally Posted by alggag
Yes, you can use up to two. Of course, you can use more by booking dummy reservations and then canceling immediately (to refund any new money you had to pay) in order to roll them together.
You, sir/madam, are a genius.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Just keep in mind that all the TTFs will assume the expiration date of the TTF that has the soonest expiration date so you might want to wait until you have firm travel plans to roll them together.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by alggag
I believe it is actually up to 4 TTF in one purchase. From a practical standpoint 3 TTF plus 1 credit card.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by gnd
Thanks! Just saved $46.50, or at least have that amount in credit for another SW flight!!! Now I hope it goes down again next week for the supposed anniversary sale
When should I watch for the anniversary sale?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:52 pm
gnd

Originally Posted by jwmbabble
When should I watch for the anniversary sale?
Tomorrow, I think

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.