Wiki Posts
Search

Website Problems Tonight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Website Problems Tonight

I booked a flight on the website, got a confirmation code, but then a message came up that the site was unable to book the EBCI. Then I tried to pull up the reservation using the confirmation I got and got a message saying it was unable to locate the reservation. I never did get a confirming email.

So I tried to call WN and got put on hold with a message of 25 minute hold time. That was more than an hour ago and I am still on hold. I am reluctant to hang up and call back in the morning (it is now after midnight and I need to get to sleep) or to book a second reservation, so I don't know what to do. I guess I will wait another 10-15 minutes and then give up for the night, since even if it did charge the credit card, I have 24 hours to cancel it and rebook, hoping the fare will still be available.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by JerryFF
I booked a flight on the website, got a confirmation code, but then a message came up that the site was unable to book the EBCI. Then I tried to pull up the reservation using the confirmation I got and got a message saying it was unable to locate the reservation. I never did get a confirming email.

So I tried to call WN and got put on hold with a message of 25 minute hold time. That was more than an hour ago and I am still on hold. I am reluctant to hang up and call back in the morning (it is now after midnight and I need to get to sleep) or to book a second reservation, so I don't know what to do. I guess I will wait another 10-15 minutes and then give up for the night, since even if it did charge the credit card, I have 24 hours to cancel it and rebook, hoping the fare will still be available.
Sounds as though you may have been the victim of Southwest's crack IT Department. Or was that IT Department on crack? Welcome to The Club!.

Though not always, weird things like this often seem more frequent in the overnight (midnight-ish until 6am or so) while they're doing whatever it is they do then.

Be sure to log clear out of your account, close your browser, then re-open and log back on for the best chance of winning the lottery and actually having the system work correctly so that you can hopefully view what happened (or didn't).

Please let us know the outcome.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Called the next morning - it turned out the ticket had been purchased and I was then able to access the reservation. All is well - just frustrating that it happened at a time when hold times on the phone were over an hour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.