Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

how to connect from Delta to Southwest Flight in LAS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond / Delta Plat

I've asked this before, but since the flight is coming up soon, I'd like to get anyone's take on the best way to do this... i've never done this before, but in order to save some cash...

I'll be coming in from ATL-LAS on Delta and then I have 45 minutes between landing and departure on a southwest flight to Reno. I've been through security in Las Vegas before but i'm not 100% certain how to get from the Delta flight to the Southwest terminal. I know i DO NOT want to go out of security (down the stairs) and then back through the security lines. Before you go down the escelator (spelling? whoops) do you go to the left or to the right to get to the TSA agents. Someone told me about showing them your boarding pass and they'll let you through the door and on to the gate. Any help is appriciated!

And... worst case... if the flight is delayed and we miss our flight will Southwest put us on the next flight? Not sure what the policy is. Technically we'll have missed out flight because of another airline. Oh the joys of saving a buck!

Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by mtsublueraider
I'll be coming in from ATL-LAS on Delta and then I have 45 minutes between landing and departure on a southwest flight to Reno. I've been through security in Las Vegas before but i'm not 100% certain how to get from the Delta flight to the Southwest terminal. I know i DO NOT want to go out of security (down the stairs) and then back through the security lines. Before you go down the escelator (spelling? whoops) do you go to the left or to the right to get to the TSA agents. Someone told me about showing them your boarding pass and they'll let you through the door and on to the gate. Any help is appriciated!
Does WN only use C (their website indicates they use a couple of gates in B)....

Anyway, if your flight is in C... just take the tram back through security. DO NOT EXIT WITH EVERYONE ELSE, wait until the oncoming doors open, and just walk out that way... If anyone says anything to you... just tell them you need the C gates. Anyway, just stay behind security, and take the few steps to C.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Hummm... interesting point! So just get on the tram... don't get off the train and go OUT the INcoming doors... then don't you get on another train back to the Southwest gates? Hate it's so confusing. Harsh that you can't connect inter-airline easier than that.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
then don't you get on another train back to the Southwest gates?
Yep. Just go over to the other bank of trams, and you should be all set.

Also, I searched and couldn't find it.... but I thought I remembered hearing there was a shuttle that goes between each terminal. Again, I don't know if I am confusing LAS with another airport (or it could be a shuttle between C/D->A/B). I can't find anything on LAS website.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the help! I really appriciate it. I wouldnt' have thought to do that. Hope TSA doesn't tackle me! HA HA!
Old Aug 24, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
And... worst case... if the flight is delayed and we miss our flight will Southwest put us on the next flight? Not sure what the policy is. Technically we'll have missed out flight because of another airline. Oh the joys of saving a buck!
They will not 'put' you on the next flight, but they will allow you to stand-by for the next flight.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:21 pm
cxn

I just did a WN - DL in LAS. Dont try to 'sneak' anywhere, this could get you in trouble.

As others have stated, dont exit, go to the divider door and look for a TSA agent. They will ask for a boarding pass to let you pass.

If you dont see a TSA agent, just ask.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxn
I just did a WN - DL in LAS. Dont try to 'sneak' anywhere, this could get you in trouble.

As others have stated, dont exit, go to the divider door and look for a TSA agent. They will ask for a boarding pass to let you pass.

Certainly... thanks.... so you're saying get off the train as normal and walk to the escelator... but don't go down it? Now, do you go to the right or to the left to look for a TSA agent? Sorry to be so specific... i will be with my dad and we really dont' want to miss that flight. (last of day!!) yeah, guess i live on the edge...

Thanks everyone!
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:32 am

Originally Posted by cxn

+1
The security area was reconfigured a few months ago to eliminate the sneaking option. You now need a TSAer with a magnetic card key to open the door between D and C, which they will do if you have a WN boarding pass.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 9:00 am
cxn

Certainly... thanks.... so you're saying get off the train as normal and walk to the escelator... but don't go down it? Now, do you go to the right or to the left to look for a TSA agent? Sorry to be so specific... i will be with my dad and we really dont' want to miss that flight. (last of day!!) yeah, guess i live on the edge...

Thanks everyone!
Get off the train, go left look for TSA Agent. If you dont see one, ask any agent and they will hook you up. Once you leave the secure area, you will have to go through security again.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxn
Get off the train, go left look for TSA Agent. If you dont see one, ask any agent and they will hook you up. Once you leave the secure area, you will have to go through security again.
Thanks everyone! Now just to NOT forget to print my boarding pass! Ha! I remember getting of the tram in vegas not too long ago and didn't see anyone but passangers. Just wasn't trying hard enough I guess!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.