Hidden City - if you miss FIRST flight, second won't be cancelled?

Subscribe
With the current Southwest 39th Birthady Sale that starts today, the JAX-BHM fare is $39, but the JAX-BNA fare is $79.

There are flights that connect in BNA along with a non-stop each way...If one books JAX-BHM with a connection in BNA on each direction, no problem on the return flight (from BNA-JAX, throwing the BHM-BNA boarding pass away).

So my question is, WN won't cancel the second segment of a one-way if you skip the first flight? And if the day before you skipped the second flight on the outbound..to make it simpler, the itinerary would be JAX-BNA BNA-BHM on the outbound and BHM-BNA BNA-JAX on the return. On this roundtrip, the second segment on the outbound, first segment on the return would be skipped..On legacies, the return would be cancelled when the 2nd segment of the outbound was not flown..

Is it better with hidden city ticketing on WN to do two one-ways rather than a ropund-trip?

Thanks. Just want to be sure that the return will be OK on this itinerary..
It has been confirmed to us by WN employees that on an A-B-C itinery, you cannot fly B-C without A-B. I will try to find the link.
Quote: It has been confirmed to us by WN employees that on an A-B-C itinery, you cannot fly B-C without A-B. I will try to find the link.
While I thought I was being really clear,,,,I guess I wasn't...

I'm planning on flying A-B, skipping B-C and C-B and returning B-A...

So out of the 4 flights on a roundtrip, I'd be flying segment 1 and Segment 4 and skipping 2 and 3...

The itinerary would be JAX-BNA-BHM and BHM-BNA-JAX. I would be skipping the flights between BNA-BHM...Flying only to the "hidden city" connecting city, not continuing to the ticketed BHM destination...
There would be no difference in doing a round trip and 2 1-ways. Outbound is A-B-C and you will skip B-C. Fine. Return is C-B-A. You cannot skip C-B and do B-A.

So, do the hidden city on the outbound and the non-hidden city routing on the return.
Quote: There would be no difference in doing a round trip and 2 1-ways. Outbound is A-B-C and you will skip B-C. Fine. Return is C-B-A. You cannot skip C-B and do B-A.

So, do the hidden city on the outbound and the non-hidden city routing on the return.
OK, got it.

So what happens with WN if you book C-B-A and don't show for the C-B flight? B-A gets cancelled? Or your boarding pass "beeps" at the gate and you're asked to pony up additional $$ for that flight?
Yes, B-A gets canceled and you will have to pay full fare. However, unlike legacies, you will retain all funds for future use.
Quote: OK, got it.

So what happens with WN if you book C-B-A and don't show for the C-B flight? B-A gets cancelled? Or your boarding pass "beeps" at the gate and you're asked to pony up additional $$ for that flight?
yes, it gets cancelled, and as a result It'll beep at the gate all right because to fly the same day as no-showing to an earlier segment, you have to pay full walk up fare

You can book any itinerary you want, you're free to leave the flight anytime you want without penalty, however you won't have any unused funds for the unused portions of your flight. And you won't be able to check bags.

The return portion of your flight is safe and unaffeected by your origin.
*note, that the system often automatically combines & prices stopovers of less than 4 hours all as a 'one way' segment without any return. You can see this later in the booking process, it's most easily apparent when doing award reservations.