double RR points this way?

Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

double RR points this way?

Hi all,

I am sure this question has been asked before. I searched for a minute but could not find the thread so I am asking here.

SW routines runs promotion for "feature" destination. If my route has to stop at this destination city, and I buy this one trip as two separate legs, would this be a legitimate way to get double RR points (actually, in the case of feature destination, this may just be quadruple) ?

Thanks!

Regards,
Frank
Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Completely legitimate and people around here tend to do it quite a bit. It really comes down to whether you think it's worth any difference in price.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:22 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Sometimes it even costs less.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 11:11 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Completely "legal" and works every time. Pay attention to your checked luggage, however. The originating agent may not allow you to check the bags to the final destination....you will have to retrieve them at the intermediate stop and re-check them.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:34 pm

Multiple one ways

I actually was looking for threads on this subject about 4-5 months ago. I found some discussion but not much. I started flying to a destination that had 2 layovers each way and decided to take the risk and started booking almost every leg separately. I was really worried at first but it worked out great for me and I wanted to share my experience!

First, I would say 15% of the time, my flights were cheaper to book each leg separately. And 50%+ of the time, it was within $30 especially if you book earlier.

The times I checked bags, I was really worried about having to go to bag claim and recheck but I never once had to do that. Every single time, they created some kind of standby ticket and checked it through the final destination.

I had a flight that had a stop but no plane change. In these cases, sometimes I would leave my bag on the plane because... well I guess I was lazy and had a low A number so I thought no harm. I only had a problem just once but it all worked out ok. Overall, it allowed me to earn my CP in just 3 months and many award tickets.

Good luck!
Old Jun 22, 2010, 9:02 am

I am doing exatly this - directing my flight through Denver, buying separate tickets - to get quadruple miles. Having only a small bakcpack carry-on, I do not have problem with my checked luggage either.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.