Wiki Posts
Search

what is a LUV voucher?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:46 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by trixiezzz
I got bumped this summer and got a LUV voucher, which I used to reserve a flight.

Now the price has gone down and I'd like to get a price match.

If I change the reservation to get this new lower price, will the refund come back to my original LUV voucher, or be regular Unused Travel Funds???

Does anyone know?
You'll get a TTF. Money never goes back onto a LUV voucher.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:21 pm

I was logged into my RR account and booked two one way flights using a LUV voucher.

I have waited an hour, and still the flights are not appearing in my account, under "MY TRAVEL."
I want to book my CP ticket, but can't do so until the flights appear in my upcoming trips.

Is there any reason that flights booked using LUV vouchers will not appear in upcoming travel?
How do I book the CP ticket if the flights aren't there in my account?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Amicus
I was logged into my RR account and booked two one way flights using a LUV voucher.

I have waited an hour, and still the flights are not appearing in my account, under "MY TRAVEL."
I want to book my CP ticket, but can't do so until the flights appear in my upcoming trips.

Is there any reason that flights booked using LUV vouchers will not appear in upcoming travel?
How do I book the CP ticket if the flights aren't there in my account?
WN is going through hell right now.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
WN is going through hell right now.
True.
Which is why I haven't called CS.

Maybe the flights will appear in my account tomorrow . . .
Old Jan 4, 2014, 9:06 pm

What if it's lost?

My friend lost a luv voucher he got for taking a bump over Christmas. Do they re-issue them if he calls CS?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:07 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by blueskadoo
My friend lost a luv voucher he got for taking a bump over Christmas. Do they re-issue them if he calls CS?
Nobody has the ability to reissue them. That's why I immediately copy the numbers to my reservation spreadsheet.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:46 pm

I am new to this forum, but came here specifically to find out about some SW vouchers.

We were traveling last month cross country and gave up our seats on our return flight. We were issued close to $500 each (2 of us.)

We would like to travel with our entire family (5) in May. The flights we are looking at are around $350 each. Could we combine the $100 and use it for 3 of our tickets for 3 different people and then just pay the difference?

We also have some miles (around 25,000) so we would like to combine the money and the miles and end up paying not too much in difference.

Thanks.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 3:59 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by DonnaH
I am new to this forum, but came here specifically to find out about some SW vouchers.

We were traveling last month cross country and gave up our seats on our return flight. We were issued close to $500 each (2 of us.)

We would like to travel with our entire family (5) in May. The flights we are looking at are around $350 each. Could we combine the $100 and use it for 3 of our tickets for 3 different people and then just pay the difference?

We also have some miles (around 25,000) so we would like to combine the money and the miles and end up paying not too much in difference.

Thanks.
The vouchers are not tied to any one person, so you can book travel for 5 people and enter the two $500 vouchers, paying cash for the remainder.

You can't mix points + a voucher, or points + cash. So one strategy is likely to book 4 people using the 2 vouchers + cash, and a 5th person using points.

Or, since there are numerous advantages to booking one way flights, perhaps you can book all 5 one-way flights using the vouchers, book 2 or 3 of the return one way flights using points, and book whatever else you need using cash.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by DonnaH

Thanks.
You can use vouchers for flights for any passenger. You can use more than one voucher per flight. You cannot combine vouchers or cash with miles, but you could purchase one (or more) tickets with points and use vouchers for the rest.

You can also also convert points (via Airtran conversion) to capacity limited Standard Awards which can sometimes be more economical than straight points purchases.

Once vouchers are used any cancellation will result in travel funds which are tied to the passengers name on the ticket, but points and Awards go back to the account they came from.

So depending on who travels most it could make a difference.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:45 pm

Very helpful, thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.