Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I book to/from different cities?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Can I book to/from different cities?

Real quick question:

I'd like to fly into SFO, but out of OAK. Can I book this on the same reservation or not? If not, this is very incovenient...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:38 pm

yes u can by booking 2 ow trips.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:38 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I am totally confused. Why not do 2 1-ways?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by lougord99
I am totally confused. Why not do 2 1-ways?
Originally Posted by lrickets
yes u can by booking 2 ow trips.
So, the answer would be "no" then. I asked if I could do it in one reservation (like I can on every single other airline). I am traveling for business and it would be nice to keep everything on one reservation.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:46 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
It would seem that WN has once again failed you.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
So, the answer would be "no" then. I asked if I could do it in one reservation (like I can on every single other airline). I am traveling for business and it would be nice to keep everything on one reservation.
again with the reservation and confirmation. they're totally different thing. and yes you can book 2 ow trips on 1 reservation, but probably by calling the 800# or get a travel agent book for you on "other" airlines. however, i don't believe wn ever have a reservation # on bookings, they use your confirmation # for reservation reference.

book 2 ow trips online at wn. it's not hard or time consuming.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This is a limitation of the online user interface that was not changed in the recent cosmetic overhaul. However the limitation may be more than skin deep, because I don't recall any reports that people have booked an open jaw trip by phone and gotten only one PNR.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nsx
This is a limitation of the online user interface that was not changed in the recent cosmetic overhaul. However the limitation may be more than skin deep, because I don't recall any reports that people have booked an open jaw trip by phone and gotten only one PNR.
Right, I can't believe it, but yes, it seems that something in the technology is prohibiting me from doing it.

And regarding the previous posted that said I had to call to do it on other airlines, I do not. Every other airline gives you the "multi-city" search option. Southwest does not. Annoying.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:25 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The Wiki FAQ covers this issue in detail.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 4:56 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Every other airline gives you the "multi-city" search option. Southwest does not. Annoying.
It might annoy me if I didn't know that it's advantageous (mostly for ease of refaring) to book all trips as one-way.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
It might annoy me if I didn't know that it's advantageous (mostly for ease of refaring) to book all trips as one-way.
+1. I've saved much (rebooking) time and many $$ with multiple PNRs/one-way tix.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
There are two kinds of open jaw -

#1) A---> B, B--->C and #2) A----> B, C-----> A

The website will allow you to book #1 in a single reservation (single PNR). However, if you want #2, you will need two different reservations (two PNRs).

Your case falls into #2 and therefore requires two PNRs.

This is not the situation with most other airlines, only the oddity of the WN website.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:36 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Every other airline gives you the "multi-city" search option. Southwest does not. Annoying.
Looks like you better fly United...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
^
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Looks like you better fly United...
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:32 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
If your an RR member, just log in on the WN website and book two one ways under your RR number.

Then, both of your one-ways are under one number: your RR number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.