Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using Priority Pass when flying WN

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
(RE: BWI Chesapeake Lounge)

Originally Posted by wetrat0
From Priority Pass web site: "Please note the lounge will no longer participate in the program effective 18MAY17."
A new "The Club" lounge is supposedly opening in May:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mid-a...l#post27971715

however it's in D so still not terribly useful for WN flyers.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA~AA~HH~Hyatt~WN
Originally Posted by elron938
I guess consider yourself one of the lucky ones. The only time I tried last year on a Thursday afternoon, I had the same experience with the unfriendly TSA dragon (having to clear security again). Fortunately, I had Pre-Check and still made my flight. It would have been doubtful otherwise.
Sorry if I made it sound like we didn't have to go through security twice, we absolutely DID have to clear security again after our Club visits (every time). But, having Pre-check made it possible. We probably would not go to the Club without Pre-check.
Old May 11, 2017, 4:07 pm

Escape Lounge OAK teasing announcement soon re memberships. Hopefully PP
Old May 11, 2017, 6:30 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Escape Lounge OAK teasing announcement soon re memberships. Hopefully PP https://twitter.com/OAKEscape/status/862776605579636736
If they opened at OAK they would be crushed by Reserve cardholders at peak travel hours. It wouldn't even last 2 months.
Old May 12, 2017, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by nsx
If they opened at OAK they would be crushed by Reserve cardholders at peak travel hours. It wouldn't even last 2 months.
You are probably right but they could deny entry to Priority Pass holders at time of peak capacity. We just had this happen to us at London Gatwick No1 Lounge. It was very busy and they were only letting in those who were paying $30 Euro cash. We were advised on our return trip to make an advance reservation for 5 Euro per passenger to guarantee our admittance. It was worth it since our flight to Oakland was delayed over 3 hours.

On the bright side, my wife and I were each compensated 300 Euro by BA since the later arrival was due to circumstance under which they had control.

Last edited by carraher; May 24, 2017 at 7:40 am
Old May 12, 2017, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by nsx
I assume they would limit hours to avoid the periods before Euro flights leave (late afternoon/early evening) as it currently fills up with Norwegian and BA Premium/Business passengers. Plenty of room during off-peak hours.
Old May 15, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
LAX needs a massive edit for Post 9, due to the recent relocations of Air Canada, Virgin America and Alaska and the demise of their respective lounges in T2-T3.

Alaska/Virgin now share the T6 Alaska Lounge, which is open to Priority Pass members. However, please note that NO GUESTS are permitted at this location. I think Air Canada now shares the United Club at T7.

Finally note that international flights on Southwest will depart from TBIT, which has a number of lounges.

Unfortunately there is still nothing useful in T1, so the closest options are the DL lounge (T2 or T3?) or perhaps the T7 United Club. Neither takes PP.
Old May 15, 2017, 3:13 pm

Escape Lounges (OAK, BDL, MSP) announced partnership with Amex, so not Priority Pass (although MSP was already PP) http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300457742.html
Old May 15, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
Escape Lounges (OAK, BDL, MSP) announced partnership with Amex, so not Priority Pass (although MSP was already PP) http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300457742.html
American Express Platinum can get Priority Pass Select so it's not mutually exclusive.
Old May 15, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
thanks Boraxo, ucdtim17, rsteinmetz70112 -

I made the updates to the LAX entries (deleted the Virgin America and Air Canada Lounges), as well as moved the Escape Lounges at BDL and OAK to the main section and added the Amex Platinum update for MSP.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; May 15, 2017 at 4:43 pm
Old May 24, 2017, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
For those curious about using the United Club @LAX I'd recommend you allocate 15 min to get from the terminal to the lounge (and vice versa) and offer the following tips:

The walk from T7 (United) to T1 (Southwest) is +/- 10 minutes, shorter if you don't get stuck waiting for the stoplights. The signage from T7 to T1 is pretty good, but bad from T1->T7. The construction does not help. Be advised the skybridges to the garages are currently closed, so the only route is to exit the terminals on the ground level (baggage claim) and walk across to the garage.

The T7 precheck line was pretty fast, and the UA lounge is just beyond the checkpoint. However be advised that the T1 checkpoint is miserable - if you don't have precheck you could be waiting a long time.

Note that T6 exit is close to the same garage, so I would bet the timing to get to/from the AS (Priority Pass) lounge is similar.

Update on LAX

TWA884 reports that CLEAR lanes are now open at LAX Terminals 2 and 3 and that Terminals 1 and 4-7 are "Coming soon."

This will add some predictability for those with CLEAR at LAX where the regular security are awful and unpredictable.

Last edited by Boraxo; Jun 22, 2017 at 2:20 am
Old May 27, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
I can confirm that all terminals are connected at sju and accessible by foot.
Old May 27, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
thanks Juan - updated post #9 for the San Juan entry.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:40 am

How about first things first. Rope off 15 of the leather comfort chairs with power (where available) and specify for BS only. Perfect bene which cost WN
nothing.
Old May 27, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by shoelessj
How about first things first. Rope off 15 of the leather comfort chairs with power (where available) and specify for BS only. Perfect bene which cost WN
nothing.
Sure...and enforcing BS-only access has no cost to WN?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.