Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Why did I get a security document instead of BP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:05 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

I have a flight tomorrow and didn't realize that I was checking in about 26 hours in advance. I'm an A-lister. When I've done this in the past, SW.com simply told me that it's too early to check-in. But today, it spit out a security document.

Is this normal when an A-list member checks in too early?
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:10 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
The same thing happened to me Saturday afternoon. I'm not an A-lister. Rather than the "check in at T-24" error, it gave me "you are not checked in. Proceeed to the gate to obtain your BP". This was using the mobile site on my iPhone. As soon as T-24 arrived though, it gave me my BP like normal.

<shrug> I'm assuming it's a recent change.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:36 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Happy Monday -

We're looking at this as we speak.

There were some changes, you may notice in Travel Tools there is no longer a seperate link for Security Documents.

The system is now supposed to issue a Security doc if for some reason you are unable to get a boarding pass (selectee, watchlist, non-age verified Senior/Youth/Child, etc.).

However, I believe it is only supposed to do so starting at the 24 hour mark.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: SW A List Preferred, Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thanks Victor.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:18 am

Hoping this thread is appopriate for this:

I've followed the method in the Wiki FAQ of bookmarking the customized URL for check-in with my name and confirmation ABC123. Now if you enter it early, that URL no longer appears in the address bar, but there's an error form with fields populated to correct the information. I changed the confirmation code at T-24:15, and got the check-in screen with Status: Security Document Available. I figured I could keep refreshing that and it would eventually change to Boarding Pass Available. When T-24 had passed according to time.gov (no more time stamp from WN to tell me their time), the status didn't change; I made one attempt to move forward and it only offered the security document. I then went back to the screen to enter the code, past 30 seconds in, submitted it, and got Boarding Pass Available.

Based on this, I wonder if I'm better off checking in from MySouthwest. Also I've been e-mailing myself the customized URL; it's been nice just to click on it, especially on the return when I'm out and about and can do it on my iPod Touch. I'm wondering if that will work, since the URL in the address bar changes completely.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
rove312, you have encountered an unfortunate side effect of the website upgrade: our customized URLs don't work the same and are no longer useful. The new website changes the customized URL the first time you use it, so that subsequent refreshes will not get you the BP option. Our resident web wizard ftnoob has been looking into this for a day or two.

You could use the customized URL by repeatedly pasting it into the URL line of your browser, but it's probably faster to use the standard back button method on the regular OLCI page. Another FT hack bites the dust.

I sure hope they don't accidentally kill our portable Dings...
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:09 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by rove312

Based on this, I wonder if I'm better off checking in from MySouthwest. Also I've been e-mailing myself the customized URL; it's been nice just to click on it, especially on the return when I'm out and about and can do it on my iPod Touch. I'm wondering if that will work, since the URL in the address bar changes completely.
Umm, you could buy Early Bird and not have to worry about checking ahead of time at all

Sorry. Every once in a while the marketing guy in my comes out!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.