Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Itinerary Ineligible for Checkin Online

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Itinerary Ineligible for Checkin Online

I tried to check in for my flight and got this message: Sorry, Your Itinerary is ineligible for checkin online. If you have questions or require further assistance, please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Representative at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW900001).

Here's the scenario:
It's an award travel reservation BUT I added (successfully, it seemed) Early Bird checkin for each segment.

I called SWA and the agent was baffled. She couldn't tell me what was going on. She said she checked with the IT department, and they were showing that I was A26. She said I shouldn't have any problems at the airport getting my boarding pass.

Do you think A) my ticket was not eligible for Early Bird checkin and that B) I'll be OK once I arrive at the airport?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:14 am

There are certain situations where someone cannot checkin online, one of the most common is being selected for extra screening. It could be that if you have EBCI but can't check in because of the screening (SSSS) it reserves a place for you. If this is what happens it would be similar to what happens with paper tickets brought through Southwest Vacations.

http://www.southwestvacations.com/co...e=checkin&OAC=
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I REALLY hope it's not extra screening. That would stink.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:32 am

Are you or someone in your party using an infant, child, youth or senior fare?

The extra screening isn't too bad, it only takes a minute, the biggest thing about it is that it prohibits online checkin.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:36 am

Was it within 24 hours of the flight? Your number is generated at T-36, but you can't print your boarding pass until T-24.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 11:46 am
Original Poster

It was T-23. I looked at it again today, but got the same message. Now I'm at like T-4.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:05 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
awatiker is also correct that some reservations truly are ineligible for online checkin due to type of fare, selectee, etc. - - since this was an award ticket it wouldn't be due to Senior, Child, Youth etc. - but it could be due to selectee status.

Additionally, the introduction of Secure Flight last week, unfortunately, came with some issues for online checkin.

We currently expect those issues to be resolved by the end of this week.

Of course, without seeing the OPs actual reservation I cannot speculate as to whether or not the reason for his BP denial is one of those that we plan to have corrected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.