Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PBI to MIA ... how?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:36 am
Original Poster

PBI to MIA ... how?

I'm trying to get my mother from PBI to MIA without taking the Tri-Rail. Anyone know of any commuter flights or van lines that travel between the 2 airports?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Welcome to FlyerTalk!!

There are no flights that I am aware of. PBI doesn't list any shuttle service other than Tri-Rail (http://www.pbia.org/guide/ground.aspx). A taxi will likely be rather expensive.

Good luck.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
rent a car, or take the tri-rail.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:13 am

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
A rental car would be cheaper, but I know that SuperShuttle services both airports.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:45 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
soots05, welcome to FlyerTalk! Let's enlist the help of the readers of our Travel->Florida forum and I'll move your Q. there for further help. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
There is a shuttle http://www.tforlando.com/index.htm that might work, but I have never used them. I just know about them.

I agree that a one-way car rental is the way to go. Thrifty (among others) does offer one-way rentals.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Almost all of the major car rental firms allow one-way drops within the State of Florida (but be sure to check first).

The road distance between PBI and MIA is about 70-75 miles, depending on the route taken (from my house in central Fort Lauderdale, it is 29 miles south to MIA and 44 miles north to PBI).
Old Apr 21, 2009, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For that trip in South Florida, I would not even think of any other way than renting a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.