Wiki Posts
Search

Disney Hotel Advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta & Hilton
Lightbulb Perfect Fireworks Vies

Originally Posted by uva185
The Contemporary is the oldest Disney Resort hotel but it does have the best fireworks view. I would reccomend the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian. I always stay at the Grand Floridian and it is very nice. You can see the fireworks from your balcony (request Magic Kingdom view). Grand Floridian Pics

The monorail connects the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Comtemporary to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot which is nice.

If you decide to stay at the Swan or Dolphin book the room on starwood.com as it is cheaper than disneyworld.com
My wife and I live in Orlando and visit often (we are passholders). I studying the park design (I am a self admitted Disney nerd) I found that the view from the Wedding Chapel new to the Grand Floridian. It was designed to be this way for wedding photos in the chapel with the castle in the background. My reccomendation is that since you will not be able to get in the chapel just get the to Grand Floridian and then walk the short beach line. It is a romantic walk and fun with the kids on the lake shore. Plan it "just right" and you will reach the chapel just in time for a great unobstructed view of the MK fireworks program and the various lighting effects done on the castle.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:22 am
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
Studying park design... Rosen?
Old Sep 22, 2007, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
Another Disney freak here.

The Polynesian has a zero-entry pool and a nice beach, although you may not swim from the beach. It is a laid back place although the pool is crowded.

The Contemporary is nice only because it is within walking distance.

If I were you I would stay at one of these hotels, preferably the Poly. Are you planning to stay Friday night as well? Because if you are mid-day naps are mandatory for the children and being close to the hotel is what makes the monorail location so important.

If you AREN'T planning on staying Friday night, Friday is going to be a tough day for the kids. But you might as well stay anywhere. If money matters at all I would suggest the Port Orleans French Quarter, which has a nice pool and slide, although its not zero entry.

Final advice. You MUST, no exception, be at the park entrance gate ticket in hand 20 minutes before the scheduled opening. You MUST go directly to Fantasyland at a near-run and get a FASTPASS to Winnie The Pooh, then ride Dumbo, then ride Peter Pan, then ride Mickey's Philharmagic, then ride the Carosel. When it is time to get on Winnie the Pooh, get a FASTPASS to ride it again or else to ride Peter Pan again. Use your Winnie The Pooh FASTPASS. Do not stop to have any character interactions during the first 90 minutes of park opening. You are now on your own.

Be aware that Snow White scares many children. Do not ride it first or your children may not want to get on the other rides.

Last edited by Rebelyell; Sep 22, 2007 at 12:31 pm
Old Sep 23, 2007, 11:12 pm

I'm thinking about going to either the starwood-owned swan or dolphin Dec. 18-21st. Any particular recommendations? Differences? How's there standard room? Any coupons out there? How's the pool/beach there, and will I be able to swimm in December weather?

Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2007, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Benjh
I'm thinking about going to either the starwood-owned swan or dolphin Dec. 18-21st. Any particular recommendations? Differences? How's there standard room? Any coupons out there? How's the pool/beach there, and will I be able to swimm in December weather?

Thanks!
Swan and Dolphin are pretty similar, but there are differences, which have been discussed before in this forum and also the Starwood forum, and searches will yield everything you need to know.

December weather might be OK for swimming (pools are heated, or have been in the past), but it was too cold for me last time I went then. My son was fine with it, though.

Teachers get discounts at Swan/Dolphin (or used to). That's the only real deal I know of, but there must be others.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
searches will yield everything you need to know.
Thanks, I searched within a few thread, but forgot (like a newbie) to search the whole forum. Will do! Any updated info is welcome too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.