Restaurants in Atlanta, GA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants in Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2009, 3:47 pm

Yep, they went bankrupt and closed the entire chain last summer

My favorite restaurant in town is Canoe. Love it. For diner style, we drive up to Marietta and hit up the Marietta Diner.

BTW, the Oceanaire is a chain. I've seen them in other cities and I know for a fact there was one in Indy when I lived there. I've never been there though... allergic to shellfish.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 9:19 pm

Programs: MR Silver elite, Hertz Gold, AA, Delta, AirTran
Shout...you do need to do that there. But decent food
Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:34 pm

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
a new favorite of mine is FLIP on howell mill road - its one of the Top Chef contestant's restaurant (Richard Blaise). The general concept is swank burgers, but these are super gourmet - and the only similarity to a burger is that that it is sandwiched in bread.

there is lamb, mushroom (the turn n earth is SO good!), seafood, veal, etc (so not just ground beef) and sides that are fabulous - such as sweet potato tater tots (YUM!), sweatbread nuggets, etc

And the cincher - KRISPY KREME MILKSHAKE! and nutella and burnt marshmallow. sometimes i stop by and just get a milkshake to go. heavenly.

i just hate the sink in the girls bathroom....my only compaint!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Not downtown ATL but Bones is great for steak! Makes me hungry just talking about the place.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Houston's Restaurant

Hello Everyone,

If you're ever in the Atlanta, GA area, try stopping by Houston's Restaurant.

They have one in the Buckhead District in Atlanta, GA on Lenox Road, across the street from the Macy's side of the Lenox Square Mall.

However, I always go to the one in Midtown on Peachtree Street.

Fantastic grilled burgers and fish. However, as of the weekend of June 13-16, 2014, I tried their full rack of ribs for the first time. It was DELICIOUS!!

I regularly don't eat ribs when traveling to Atlanta, but when I do, it will be at Houston's Restaurant in Midtown Atlanta. Stay hungry my friends!

Last edited by Marcell; Jun 22, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Here's a photo of the ribs!

Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:46 am

I used to always go to the one in Nashville and sadly it closed up a few years ago...you're right, we always had a great meal there!
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:22 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Marcell
between this thread & this thread, I'm getting the sense of some shilling going on.

If Houston's is some of the best dining in Atlanta, that isn't saying much for the dining scene there.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: Many, slipping beneath the horizon
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
between this thread & this thread, I'm getting the sense of some shilling going on.

If Houston's is some of the best dining in Atlanta, that isn't saying much for the dining scene there.
Shill alarm did sound for me, also.

On the other hand, due to a lifetime as an over-indulging consumer of barbecue, those were some of the nastiest looking ribs I've seen, slathered in some sort of glutinous sticky sugary glop, then over-grilled to cause the caramel-crap to adhere to the poor over-adulterated ribs like silicone adhesive. At least I've learned to both avoid Houston's and its ribs.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Are you kidding me? While I enjoy Houston's, no foodie worth their stock would recommend a chain restaurant, much less a particular branch of one (except of course the In n Out by LAX).

Congratulations, with your shill job, you've just accomplished the exact opposite of your intended goal. I'll never visit a Houston's in Atlanta and I'll make sure my friends there hear of this thread. I may even forward these threads onto a couple of blogs and websites to see if we can get some virality going.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by Marcell
Hello Everyone,

They have one in the Buckhead District in Atlanta, GA on Lenox Road, across the street from the Macy's side of the Lenox Square Mall.

However, I always go to the one in Midtown on Peachtree Street.

Fantastic grilled burgers and fish. However, as of the weekend of June 13-16, 2014, I tried their full rack of ribs for the first time. It was DELICIOUS!!

I regularly don't eat ribs when traveling to Atlanta, but when I do, it will be at Houston's Restaurant in Midtown Atlanta. Stay hungry my friends!
Just quoting for kicks and giggles.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

At least he/she waited 8 years between posts.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 11:46 am

Weird to see this on here but it won't effect my love for Houston's grilled chicken salad. It's very good and I've enjoyed many business lunches over one.

Lots of great food in Atlanta these days. Every time I go there, something new is open.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by LAXative
Are you kidding me? .... no foodie worth their stock would recommend a chain restaurant, ....
+1
Old Jun 23, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MissJ
Weird to see this on here but it won't effect my love for Houston's grilled chicken salad. It's very good and I've enjoyed many business lunches over one.

Lots of great food in Atlanta these days. Every time I go there, something new is open.
Yes, I've tried their grilled chicken salad too. It's very good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.