Search

Disney Vacation Club is on sale

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2006, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Disney Vacation Club is on sale

Hi. I'm a member of DVC and they are currently (until Jan. 31) offering quite a discount. Normally a point costs $98, but there is a sale of 15% off, bringing the price down to $83.30.

In addition, you get as a bonus a one-time point use from 2005 for free, without annual dues attached. Market value to rent this 2005 point right now is about $10, bringing your purchase down to the $73 range.

And of course, there are no closing costs when buying direct, and you can put the purchase on your miles-earning credit card over a couple months.

PM me if you have questions. I will be adding on this week.
Old Jan 23, 2006, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Why the great deals? Disney has never had trouble selling at whatever premium they wanted. Is Saratoga Springs selling slower than anticipated?
Old Jan 24, 2006, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Why the great deals? Disney has never had trouble selling at whatever premium they wanted. Is Saratoga Springs selling slower than anticipated?
DJ:

I have several ideas.

They have been raising the price per point gradually over the last few years and I think it's caught up with them. Ten years ago they were about $53 or something.

Also, the string of Fed interest rate increases makes the use of borrowed money, especially from home equity loans, a lot more expensive.

And of course real estate in general seems to be cooling off, and this is a quasi-real estate investment.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 7:03 am

I think Saratoga Springs is selling slower than previous properties. It's huge, and its location isn's consider a prime location by many members who consider being able to walk into, or at least take a direct water launch into, a theme park as a necessary part of the DVC experience. The majority of DVC members don't own at the resorts that have such amenities, but it is clear that the premium prices that Disney's been charging for DVC in the past were substantially attributable to the great location of the resorts they were selling, and that with a resort that it more remote, they'll have to take a bit less to get the properties sold.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 3:11 pm

Programs: United, Southwest, HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Airtran, Starwood Plat, Marriott Gold, Loews Gold
If you haven't stayed at one of these, they are great.
I own 800 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.