Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Airport - Leaving Suitcases for Day

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by We won the world cup
Is there anywhere in Atlanta airport to leave suitcases for the day? Arriving early morning leaving British Airways late in evening having spent day in Atlanta.
Can't you check into the BA flight and check your luggage?
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:10 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl
JFK does. Or did November 2016. Arrived in morning and flew out at Midnight to PVG and onto NRT. They help multiple bags(1 or 2 for each person) for hours.
That's actually good to know. No domestic airport I've been in the last few years offers it, the most I've seen are references to previous services that were terminated "for security reasons."

Looks like LAS may still offer the service as well.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Can't you check into the BA flight and check your luggage?
Most times you can't check bags till 3-4 hours prior. If OP was on DL yes they could check it early, as DL has all day operations. BA only has checkin for a few hours.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Go to a hotel close to the airport and check the bags will a bell desk. Be sure to tip.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Who are you flying in with? Personally I'd just leave my bags 'unclaimed' in the morning, then turn up half an hour earlier for the evening ones and rescue them from the original carrier. They'll keep them in baggage services office.

Disclaimer: this is obviously not official policy, and you may get a tiny telling off for being so 'forgetful', and I've never flown DL (if that's who you're with...) so can't confirm it'll definitely work, but it does work absolutely fine with AA and UA (and incidentally BA in London).
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
That's actually good to know. No domestic airport I've been in the last few years offers it, the most I've seen are references to previous services that were terminated "for security reasons."

Add MSP to the list of domestic airports with a place to leave bags for a few hours.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
A cheap rental car might be the best option. Depending on what you want to go do in/around town, having a car might be beneficial anyway and cost only a little more than a bunch of MARTA and Uber/Lyft fares on top of tipping a bellman.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Beltway2A

SFO does, too.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It sounds like OP is arriving by air. DL and BA do interline, but if OP has two tickets, DL won't check the bag through. If BA only has one flight a day, the earliest time their counter would be open to accept checked bags would be about three or four hours in advance, assuming that BA passengers don't just check in with AA at ATL.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:46 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by sbm12
SFO does, too.
Miami has too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.