Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

MIA late night arrival: hotel recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Poster

I will be flying into MIA from Europe on a Saturday, arriving about 10 PM. Going thorough Immigration and customs will probably take some more time...
Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay the night Sat.-Sun.? Do hotel shuttle busses still run reliably at that time of day?
I'm planning to stay in Miami for a few days, and there are surely better areas to do so than around the airport. Instead of changing hotels, would it be a good idea to directly book a hotel at a more central location and take Metrorail to downtown upon arrival Sat. night?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Metrorail stops running near midnight, so any delay will cause you not to be able to take it and rely on a taxi/supershuttle/lyft instead. Most hotels that have a shuttle shut down around midnight as well. Very few hotels on South Beach as well as downtown have an airport shuttle. I would select a hotel based on where you want to be for the few days you will be in Miami, not just on the transportation to/from the airport. If you decide where you want to be, we then can recommend a hotel to stay at.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

On Fri. and Sat. night Metrorail appears to run until 2 AM. Can anyone confirm this is still true?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not sure it would be wise to use the Metrorail and then walk to your hotel at 1 am. You'll be tired, you'll have luggage, and it sounds like you don't know the area.

Either spend the first night at an airport hotel that has a shuttle that runs late or use a taxi or equivalent to go to your hotel upon arrival.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.