Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buckhead Georgia

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Buckhead Georgia

My husband is going to the Atlanta area (the Mandarin Oriental in Buckhead) on business.

I am considering going and taking my three year old.

I am unsure if there are enough family friendly activities available to keep us accompanied from 9-5. I looked through a few google searches but am looking for first hand experience...
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Buckhead is the name of the neighborhood in north Atlanta where there is a lot of shopping, eating, and clubbing.

There's plenty to do, but you'll need transportation.

Phipps Plaza has a Lego store which is good for kids.

You can go to the Zoo or the Botanical Gardens.

The Georgia Aquarium downtown is one of the premier aquariums in the world. Nearby it is the World of Coke museum and the College Football Hall of Fame. If I remember correctly, there is a children's museum nearby, too.

If you're bored in Atlanta, it's your own fault. But, have a rental car. Public transportation isn't convenient, and the cab/Uber cost from Buckhead to downtown will be pricey.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:39 am

I lived in Atlanta, very close to Buckhead, for years, but I don't have any kids. Off the top of my head, I'd day aquarium, lego, zoo, Center for Puppetry Arts, maybe Fernbank. But yes, the post above is spot on about transport. Either have a car or be prepared to Uber everywhere. From the MO, you could walk to Lenox and Phipps. There is a MARTA station that could get you to the Aquarium and Children's Museum if you don't mind a little walk and the weather is decent, but the Zoo and other places are going to be a huge pain, especially for a non-native, by public transport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.