Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL airport Hotel for wheelchair pax

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

ATL airport Hotel for wheelchair pax

Hello all, I hope somebody can advise me (better than on Tripadvisor ).

I will be flying with my dad from MUC to ATL staying overnight. My dad is partially disabled, unable to walk any longer distance (50 meters+ are a problem). We have requested special assistance.

Is there a airport hotel at ATL so near, that we can easily access it directly without taking a cab (hopefully the special assistent could help us reaching the hotel)?

I know ATL is big, therefore it should be near the I terminal.

Thanks for any advice!!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 6:51 pm

The Gateway Marriott or Gateway Springhill Suites would work. No shuttles to navigate. You'll have to take multiple elevators, but they are available at every point.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:26 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I second these two properties.... easily accessible via the tram service and elevators..... will take some time.... but very easy to navigate.

Originally Posted by MissJ
The Gateway Marriott or Gateway Springhill Suites would work. No shuttles to navigate. You'll have to take multiple elevators, but they are available at every point.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:14 am

Like MissJ and wharvey has mentioned, the best options are either the Gateway Marriott or the Gateway Springhill Suites.

You'll need to take the "Plane Train" from the International Terminal to the Domestic Baggage Claim area (pass terminal T). Take the elevator from the "Plane Train" to the Domestic Baggage Claim area and follow the exits for Taxi, Hotel Shuttle, and the Car Rentals. It doesn't matter if you go right or left past security, both exits leads to the same place. Once outside, take the "Sky Train" for the hotels - which is the first stop. If you forgot to get off at the first stop, just stay on the train; as it will go to the Rental Car Center and return back to the Hotels.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot. Allow me another 2 questions.

I'm requesting wheelchair assistsance. Will the person helping be able/allowed/disposed to go all the way to one of the 2 hotels?

The day after we have our connection flight. Do you think there is any chance to have the wheelchair assistant picking us up? We will not travel with our own wheelchair. My father is able to walk short distances (100 meters maximum) and only if no luggage....

Thanks again
Old Feb 25, 2016, 7:54 am

I don't know if they are able to. You may have to contact them for that information.

From my experience, I've only seen the wheelchair assistance take the individual as far as the baggage claims area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.