Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Callaway Gardens - Not Quite What It Was

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Callaway Gardens - Not Quite What It Was

Recently stayed at the Mountain Creek inn at Callaway Gardens (CG). It was was second Thanksgiving at the park and my fourth visit overall.

It seemed to me that the place has begun to decline in quality. The hotel is in need of some major overhaul in its rooms. It is said they spent $2 million to overhaul it in 2014 but I could not find evidence of it.

The food in the restaurant for Thanksgiving and breakfast next day was good, only good. Nothing very creative, seemed to border on standard food service type food. And when Thanksgiving meal costs $47 per person plus 18% service charge, one expects food closer to Ritz Carlton than to a mid level standard restaurant.

The staff told me 600 quests were expected for Thanksgiving but they only had 300 book reservations. Talk about staff standing around with not much to do.
I just wondered if anyone else who visits there has thought the same thing. Not sure I would stay on the grounds again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.