Search

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Has anyone visited yet? I just noticed that this existed and apparently just opened on November 12. I was actually in Airside 4 a week ago but was flying DL so I didn't even see it (though I wasn't looking for it). Apparently it's near gate 91 and I never really venture back to that area. Curious to know if anyone has been there and what their thoughts are. I'm assuming it's basically the same as the Club locations across the US. Exciting to finally have some shower facilities at MCO though!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Didn't go inside either but I just noticed it when I flew out last week. It's toward the side that has the Air Canada and Sun Country departures. The entrance certainly looked nice though.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:30 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As the OP refers to a lounge not part of an airline's amenities, I'll move this to the regional forum on Orlando for more discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
The wife and I visited here over the weekend. It seemed very similar to the club locations in San Jose and Las Vegas.

It had a small but good selection of snacks, sandwiches, and soups. They brought out a few additional trays of fresh baked cookies while we were in the lounge. Complimentary full bar was available.

A second small self service snack and drink area was on the western side of the club by the windows.

We didn't check out the shower rooms but I noticed they had two of them.

When we went into the club British Airways passengers was using this lounge. Just after they boarded, the Lufthansa passengers started trickling in for their flight.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 6:25 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
It's in Airside 4, post monorail. Can anyone advise on feasibility of using Club if ultimately heading to Airside 2? I realize there's a monorail involved but otherwise?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
It's in Airside 4, post monorail. Can anyone advise on feasibility of using Club if ultimately heading to Airside 2? I realize there's a monorail involved but otherwise?
Shouldn't have any problem getting back to 2. It will probably take 10, maybe 15 minutes if you happen to miss both trains. Once you get back to the main terminal and exit the train, you'll just turn right and go to the 100+ gates side, rather than exiting to landside.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
I asked Priority Pass about access from the West end of the airport, and they told me that the lounge staff can refuse entry if you aren't leaving from gates 70 and above. Even with TSA Pre to make the double security transfer not too painful, you may not get access.

Sadly, I was just leaving out of Gate 10, so I could not access this lounge to check it out.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
The day that we visited the club there were international flights arriving into Orlando Airside 4 (Gates 60-99). Our departing flight was on Southwest out of Airside 2 - (Gates 100-129).

We specifically asked before we went to the lounge if we would have to re-clear security to get back from Airside 4 to Airside 2. We were told that yes, we would have to re-clear security since we could/would be mixing with international arrivals on the monorail.

We both had pre-check and allowed for approximately 60 minutes from leaving the lounge until our departure time. We easily made the terminal change and extra security steps.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
If I have to pick from the United Club, or this new club, which is better do you think?

I have a Priority Pass membership, as well as UC
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by caseminole
If I have to pick from the United Club, or this new club, which is better do you think?

Haven't been to this one, but based on the services listed and my experience with UA clubs and "The Club" lounges elsewhere, I would definitely choose "The Club" over a UA Club.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by caseminole

Unlike my last visit to the United Club the "Club at MCO" comes with a full bar (no list of premium drinks and all drinks included in the entrance fee/membership) and they have a pretty good snack, sandwich, soup, and desert mix. I think that you could make a pretty complete meal at the club.

So if you were in this wing of the Orlando airport or could easily connect to another wing then the Club at MCO would be my preference.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by nissan720
Unlike my last visit to the United Club the "Club at MCO" comes with a full bar (no list of premium drinks and all drinks included in the entrance fee/membership) and they have a pretty good snack, sandwich, soup, and desert mix. I think that you could make a pretty complete meal at the club.

So if you were in this wing of the Orlando airport or could easily connect to another wing then the Club at MCO would be my preference.
thx all!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I visited today w/ my family. It's very clean, quiet. I concur that you can certainly get a decent "lunch" from the snack buffet. There were 1/4 size sandwiches, 2 soup selections, veggie tray, cheese tray, crackers, dried fruit, fruit, coffee machine, full bar, bottled beer (no draft) etc. But they seemed REALLY low on staff. Poor guy checking folks in was completely overwhelmed (and no help in sight). Took 15 minutes to get us checked in (and no line, just us). Bar was empty and eventually (after about 15 minutes) what looked like the manager stepped behind the bar to serve folks (though she said she didn't know the bar and couldn't really make a "drink drink"). Aside from those two people, I didn't see any other staff. So maybe they are working the kinks out still.

We were on Southwest and so in the adjacent terminal. The Club is very near where you get out of the shuttle. It took about 5-8 minutes to get back to the main terminal on the shuttle but we then did indeed have to go back through TSA. If we didn't have PreCheck, we would've been really slowed down. I would say that if you plan to go to the club but fly out a different terminal, take note of the line for TSA before you decide. We gave ourselves 20 minutes and made it in 15, but only b/c of precheck. The lines at MCO today were sick long. We checked bags this time (first time in 6 years) b/c the place was such a zoo and I didn't want to drag carryons everywhere with that much of a crowd.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:44 am

Was in it the other evening and was pleased.

The food selection wasn't anything to write home about but was decent for a snack. The bar well stocked and the bartender was very generous with his pours.

The one thing I did notice was that they seemed to be slightly understaffed, however the manager was very much on top of things, checking often to see if anything was needed.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Here now. I agree with the others who have said it's a bit understaffed. There seem to be 3 or 4 people working here right now which would be low if the lounge were busy. Fortunately I'm one of maybe 6 people here right now. Bar isn't currently attended by anyone.

Food selection for breakfast is very light. A few choices of cereals, some strawberries, yogurt, bananas, apples, oranges, biscotti, milanos. Also some instant oatmeal and pastries.

No time to check out the shower facilities at the moment.

Not a bad lounge though. Pretty nicely appointed, very quiet at the moment. Nice natural light from the curved windows by on one side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.