The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Club at MCO - airline lounge.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Asiana Club Silver, Flying Blue Ivory
At this lounge now, early for my British Airways flight, 4pm local time.

Apparantly the Oneworld site is outdated and this lounge has replaced the Delta Sky Club as BA lounge.

The design is fresh, modern and clean.

It's really quiet right now. 3 other people in the bar area, and 2 more in the buffet section. A few more seem to be trickling in, and it'll probably get busier closer to departure.

Buffet had some pasta, soup and small sandwiches I could see, there's snacks around. As far as I'm concerned, the quiet is all I was looking for, but the food seems good enough to tide me over 'till flight time, too.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:52 am

I am connecting in MCO on my way to MIA. I arrive at Airside 1 (5:45am) and depart Airside 4 (7:15am) on Delta.

I have TSA PreCheck.

With a 1 1/2 hour layover, having to go from Airside 1 to Airside 4, would I have time to visit the lounge?

I am hoping to take a quick shower after the long overnight flight.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fluffyCat
I am connecting in MCO on my way to MIA. I arrive at Airside 1 (5:45am) and depart Airside 4 (7:15am) on Delta.

I have TSA PreCheck.

With a 1 1/2 hour layover, having to go from Airside 1 to Airside 4, would I have time to visit the lounge?

Assuming everything is on time, then yes you should definitely have time. Just get out of 1, cross to 4, back through Pre, and you'll be there, hopefully in less than 15 minutes. Only reason it would take longer is if the TSA decides to give Pre that day to a bunch of families and elderly people, which sometimes happens. That said, you should be fine and the lounge should be very quiet at that time of day.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by cmd320
Assuming everything is on time, then yes you should definitely have time. Just get out of 1, cross to 4, back through Pre, and you'll be there, hopefully in less than 15 minutes. Only reason it would take longer is if the TSA decides to give Pre that day to a bunch of families and elderly people, which sometimes happens. That said, you should be fine and the lounge should be very quiet at that time of day.
Thanks!

I have spent countless hours trying to find out how long to reasonably expect it to take.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks!

I have spent countless hours trying to find out how long to reasonably expect it to take.
No problem. Yeah there's not a lot of information out there about transferring at MCO, simply because it really just doesn't happen much. But once you're off the first flight and in the terminal, you should reasonably be able to be in the lounge in about 15 minutes. Maybe 20 if things are particularly slow, but at that time of morning I wouldn't expect it to be.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

I have TSA PreCheck.

If you are departing on DL then I should think you'd be in the same terminal as the lounge, gates 60-99. If not, I still think you will have plenty of time, especially at that hour.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:51 am

I'll have to find out some other time. My schedule just changed and I no longer route through MCO on my way to MIA.

Thanks for the replies.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Does anyone know what previously occupied this space? For years I wondered what was at the top of that staircase. I'm assuming it was once another lounge since the stairway and elevator area is pretty much identical to the Delta Sky Club.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:23 am

If I'm departing out of terminal A airside 1, and club is out of opposite terminal B and airside 4 does that mean I won't be granted access through security since its the opposite security checkpoint? I wouldn't even mind going through twice. Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 11:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by robizzle
If I'm departing out of terminal A airside 1, and club is out of opposite terminal B and airside 4 does that mean I won't be granted access through security since its the opposite security checkpoint? I wouldn't even mind going through twice. Thanks.
I've done it. Though I did use an e-boarding pass on my phone, so I'm not sure if the gate number flashes on the screen that the TSA sees.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Does anyone know what previously occupied this space? For years I wondered what was at the top of that staircase. I'm assuming it was once another lounge since the stairway and elevator area is pretty much identical to the Delta Sky Club.
The space was formerly occupied by the Delta International First Class Lounge. It was used back when DL had the MCO-FRA nonstop and BA and LH F pax used it as well. It closed a while back. This site has some pics of the lounge, it's the 2nd and bottom image on the right side. It was a very well appointed space.
http://www.thw.com/selected_work/tra...om_clubs.html#
Old May 10, 2016, 9:57 am

Does anyone know if it is possible to access the club on arrival?

I'll be coming off a Southwest flight and will have an hour or two to kill waiting for the rest of my party to arrive.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by knoebelsPT

I'll be coming off a Southwest flight and will have an hour or two to kill waiting for the rest of my party to arrive.
Haven't specifically tried that at the MCO location, however I was definitely able to do this at the ATL location using my arriving BP.
Old May 10, 2016, 4:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by knoebelsPT

At "The Club at..." locations, you are admitted on arrival, as long as you are able to get to the club without having to reclear TSA. (Not sure where Southwest's gates are in Orlando.)
Old May 10, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2
At "The Club at..." locations, you are admitted on arrival, as long as you are able to get to the club without having to reclear TSA. (Not sure where Southwest's gates are in Orlando.)
Thanks for the info!

Southwest comes into the high A gates (100-129). If I take the train from there, can I loop around and hop on the train to the pier with the club, or will I get dumped out landside?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.