Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Getting from Uptown Charlotte to CTL for a 6 AM departure flight

Getting from Uptown Charlotte to CTL for a 6 AM departure flight

Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Question Getting from Uptown Charlotte to CTL for a 6 AM departure flight

Hey Charlotteans. Next month I'm traveling to Charlotte for the first time.

Upon arrival in Charlotte, I'm taking the Sprinter bus from CTL to the Uptown area. (I have yet to book a hotel, but I will more than likely make a reservation somewhere Uptown).

However, my departure flight two days later takes off at 6:00 AM. I checked the CATS website, and it seems that the earliest Sprinter service does not arrive at CTL until 5:45 AM or so.

Since my departure flight from CTL is at 6:00 AM, would that mean that the Sprinter bus is simply not a wise transportation option in my case?

Would a taxi service be my only alternative in getting to the airport at such an early hour?

Thanks everyone!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Uber X does operate in Charlotte, and shows a fare estimate from uptown to CLT of $9-12 (non-surge).
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:50 pm

Uber or Taxi will be your options (and I don't know how many Uber cars will be roaming at 4am). Taxi is $25 flat rate since you'll probably be within the 277 loop.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Sometimes in situations like these I find it helpful to stay my final night at an airport hotel. That way you can get to the airport cheaply then just take a shuttle over. Not sure if that would work for you.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
I hope you're flying out of CLT and not CTL. Otherwise you're in for one hell of a drive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.