Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Atlanta Restaurant Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

I'm headed to ATL at the end of October for some work meetings. Looking for some good quick restaurant recommendations. Nothing expensive or fancy. More like southern food, sandwiches, chicken, places like that. My hotel is downtown and I'll have a car so driving is not a problem.

Thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:59 pm
uk1
Suspended

Gillys Bar at Dunwoody. "Cheers" with chicken wings. Think it use to be the same people as Gillys Ribs ... which had great Onion Loaf. Also Ruby Tuesday might bevworth a go. Friendly! The one at Marietta is the one I know.

https://www.rubytuesday.com/
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:32 pm

Most definitely Ecco restaurant in Midtown...close to downtown.

http://ecco-atlanta.com
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:25 pm

Some places not far from downtown hotels:

- Fritti. East of downtown.. pizza
- Der Biergarten German beer and fare
- Park Tavern at Piedmont park is not bad

If you wanted to explore, go northeast to Buford Highway and try any (all?) of the Asian restaurants up and down the strip. Or go east to Decatur and find some good beer/pub places like Steinbecks, Brick Store pub etc.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Silver
+1 for Ecco, be sure to get the Fried Goat cheese, and if its on the menu the shaved brussel sprouts with ricotta(one of the best things I have ever eaten)
+1 for Fritti for pizza

Other recs: Murphy's in VA Highlands, good wine and food(sausage meatloaf)
One Midtown Kitchen, great wine and food
South City Kitchen - go to Southern food locale
Watershed on Peachtree(buckhead-midtown) - my vote for best fried chicken in ATL, only served on Wednesday, make this an early dinner because the fried chicken sells out fast
For BBQ: Fat Matt's Rib Shake(midtown) or Daddy D's(near capital building and Turner Field), go to Daddy D's early or for lunch, being from out of town you don't want to get lost in that area at night
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like I got a lot of menu searching to do! I appreciate it!

Any rec's for who's got the best southern sweet tea?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL Silver
Mary Mac's Tea Room has great sweet tea and Arnold Palmers - its also a good southern food spot(although i feel it is a little touristy), also they can be heavy on the salt sometimes
But to be honest, I prefer Chick-fil-a for sweet tea and Arnold Palmers
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:55 pm

Programs: Leisure Traveler: Delta DM, Starwood PM50, Global Entry, NEXUS, CLEAR
Wrecking Bar Brewpub. Great grub and local craft beer.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by uk1
Gillys Bar at Dunwoody. "Cheers" with chicken wings. Think it use to be the same people as Gillys Ribs ... which had great Onion Loaf. Also Ruby Tuesday might bevworth a go. Friendly! The one at Marietta is the one I know.

https://www.rubytuesday.com/
I... I don't even know what to say. I see that you're from the UK, so you may not be aware that Ruby Tuesday is a generic chain restaurant that is usually found in isolated rural or suburban areas, and it's very similar to an Applebee's or a T.G.I. Friday's. Think overpriced, frozen, processed (yet oddly tasty) food for the masses.

These are the kind of establishments that Americans who live in places like Oklahoma or Iowa (or the numbing, outer suburbs of Columbus, lest my location inspire a legion of "OMG! But you live in Ohio!" responses) are forced to go to because there are no alternatives besides fast food. Ruby Tuesday is definitely not the kind of place I would ever identify as a worthy travel destination.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
i... I don't even know what to say. I see that you're from the uk, so you may not be aware that ruby tuesday is a generic chain restaurant that is usually found in isolated rural or suburban areas, and it's very similar to an applebee's or a t.g.i. Friday's. Think overpriced, frozen, processed (yet oddly tasty) food for the masses.

These are the kind of establishments that americans who live in places like oklahoma or iowa (or the numbing, outer suburbs of columbus, lest my location inspire a legion of "omg! But you live in ohio!" responses) are forced to go to because there are no alternatives besides fast food. Ruby tuesday is definitely not the kind of place i would ever identify as a worthy travel destination.
bahahahahahaha!!! :d

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.