Wiki Posts
Search

Moving to Memphis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2014, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Moving to Memphis

Hello, all:

Moving to Memphis for the summer months (May--September) for a job. Job is located by N Main St and Poplar Ave.

Need lodging and would like an apartment -- please forward recommendations/tips.

Thanks!
Old May 11, 2014, 10:08 am

Maybe I can help

I just saw your post.. Have you moved yet. I live in the Memphis 'burbs, but maybe I can help?

Are you looking to live "downtown" or to drive in from the outskirts? That is probably your number one question.
Old May 17, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Have not found lodging yet. Looking to rent downtown by Court Sq.
Old May 17, 2014, 3:06 pm

The smartest thing to do would be to contact a Realtor, probably at the the largest real estate firm in Memphis. They probably have a large list of available rentals. I'm a little amazed why anyone would come to FT for an apartment rental instead of going to a professional in that field.
Old May 19, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Checked Craigslist for possible subleases near Rhodes or Univ Memphis campus?
Old May 20, 2014, 9:10 am

Apartment search firm.

I just moved DS to Dallas and used a free apartment search company I found highly recommended on YELP.

Gave the contact what I was looking for, price range, location, features, and he had a list of 7 we saw. By the end of the day, one was chosen.

Also, you can go on Zillow, and filter by rental units and get an idea of $$$ in the area you are looking.

Main and Poplar is right downtown. You can even live S. Main and take the trolly or walk.

Have you come here for a visit?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.