Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

New Orleans Jazz Festival - which chain hotel to stay at?

Old Jan 30, 2014, 1:11 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver

Hi guys, I am attending the New Orleans jazz fest in early May, and would like to know which chain hotel is closest to the location. I have an IHG platinum, Hilton gold, and might have status with SPG by that time, but maybe not. Any input is much appreciated! ^
Old Jan 30, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
How close do you want? There are none (that I'm aware) within walking distance to the festival at the Fairgrounds, which is in a residential area.

Your best bet would be to stay in the FQ near one of the shuttle pick-up points. Last year, one of the pick-up locations was outside the Sheraton on Canal.

Last year's shuttle information:

http://www.graylineneworleans.com/ne...-official.html

There's a fee for the shuttle, but the convenience makes up for it. You are dropped off at a special spot inside the gates so you don't have to fight other ticket holders at the main entrance.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Well, I prefer the city bus to the official shuttle - $2.50 round trip instead of $18, for an extra 4 block walk - but either way, any of the hotels along the Canal St corridor are convenient.

http://jazzfest.swagland.com/transport.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.