Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

How is the safety around Zoo Atl & Grant Park?

Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

If I was staying at a hotel in Atlanta and wanted to take a bus to Zoo Atlanta, how is the safety in the areas from downtown to the zoo while and during the bus ride?
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:24 pm

Depends.. where is your hotel and how much walking are you doing to get to and from the stops and will you have to change buses? Grant Park is a nice area in some spots and really rough in others. I've had friends who lived in the area with no issues and others who have had multiple home and car break-ins. Be careful walking at night just about anywhere in Atlanta.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I don't know where I will be staying. Probably not going to rent a car if staying in the downtown and then visiting the zoo.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 11:05 am

I see from some online research that you can take a free taxi from downtown hotels (mine is on the list) to the Zoo and back. Does this actually work in practice? Do folks here have any experience with this? Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2016, 4:16 pm

Nope, but the cab company running the program is reputable. I'm sure the driver would like a tip though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.