Riverboat cruising returns to the Mississippi with American Queen

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2012, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Riverboat cruising returns to the Mississippi with American Queen

USA Today: Riverboat cruising returns to the Mississippi with American Queen

I've been on the river boat in Sacramento before, but never one on the Mississippi...

Stalkers. Groupies. Either way, this is a big summer for aficionados of long, languid sailings on the Mississippi River and beyond. After a four-year absence of multi-day leisure cruises, the American Queen, a 436-passenger boat built in 1995, is back on the river.

In August, the new 150-passenger Queen of the Mississippi will enter these newly competitive waters. That boat will have lower density, larger cabins (most with private balconies), and, at an average $640 a day per person, a steeper price point.

Not that the American Queen, with average per diems of $500 per person, ranks as a budget vacation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.