Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time to kill in Miami

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Time to kill in Miami

Our flight arrives at Miami International Airport at 04.50 am. Our hotel in South Beach doesnt open until 0800hrs. What suggestions do folk have for the few hours to wait to drop our luggage off....that is what can be done in Miami Beach early in the morning with a couple of middle aged folk with suitcases
Old Sep 7, 2011, 5:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by cahiggin
Our flight arrives at Miami International Airport at 04.50 am. Our hotel in South Beach doesnt open until 0800hrs. What suggestions do folk have for the few hours to wait to drop our luggage off....that is what can be done in Miami Beach early in the morning with a couple of middle aged folk with suitcases
I'd say do breakfast at the Front Porch (think they open around 7AM), on Ocean between 14th and 15th streets. The Cuban place on 11th and Collins is also good for breakfast, open 24 hours IIRC. Other than eat breakfast, not a whole lot going on. If you are flying in on AA the time that you get to customs (a very long walk), get through customs, collect your bags and get a cab to South Beach you are talking probably about 6:30AM. This would leave about enough time for a leisurely breakfast.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt-Diamond, PC-Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Ditto what newyourgeorge said...south beach goes to bed around the time you arrive!

Only other thing I can suggest is to take a nice morning drive after breakfast to the north side of Miami Beach(South Beach) to a place called Hulover Beach Park. You'll have time to kill so grab a fresh cup of coffee, cruz up the beach while its calm and quiet, and enjoy the morning sun on the ocean. Hulover in the morning is a GREAT place to relax and watch all the big time fishing boats leave for the morning.

By 10AM it will be so humid and muggy, you'll be ready to head back south, change on the beach, go for a quick swim, and get a outrageously priced $20rum drink while you sun for an hour.

Hope this helps!
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
News Cafe = 24 hour South Beach fun.

In addition to a great breakfast, plenty of the early edition newspapers will there by the time you arrive.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:32 pm
In memoriam

I have never heard of a hotel that isn't open 24/7. What hotel are you staying at? And where are you coming from? If you'll have a lot of jet lag - it might be worth paying for an extra night so you can check in as soon as the hotel opens - so you can sleep - shower - etc. - etc. I sure wouldn't want to be arriving in any city at 4 am and not being able to check into my hotel until 4 pm. Robyn
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dbuckho
News Cafe = 24 hour South Beach fun.

In addition to a great breakfast, plenty of the early edition newspapers will there by the time you arrive.
Yep, this is the idea.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.