Passenger traffic up in Fort Lauderdale

Old May 25, 2011, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...html?ana=yfcpc

Total passengers climbed 9.3 percent to 2.15 million from April 2010’s 1.97 million. International passengers also rose to 341,064 from 313,507. Domestic travelers saw the largest increase in April climbing 9.4 percent year over year to 1.81 million from 1.66 million.
This is getting more overcrowded who flown in/out of FLL for everyday.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by N830MH
http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...html?ana=yfcpc

This is getting more overcrowded who flown in/out of FLL for everyday.
The airport is one of the worst. Crowded, dirty, bad food options, and very few power outlets. The International terminal that also serves Spirit is a little bit better but not by much. Maybe the airport authority will make some much needed improvements. I'd take MIA anyway over FLL.
Old May 27, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
The airport is one of the worst. Crowded, dirty, bad food options, and very few power outlets. The International terminal that also serves Spirit is a little bit better but not by much. Maybe the airport authority will make some much needed improvements. I'd take MIA anyway over FLL.
I've noticed it's very terminal-dependent at both airports. I'll take Delta's terminal at MIA over theirs at FLL. J at MIA is newer, higher ceilings, and more airy-feeling than the DMV ambience I get at FLL D.

However, the terminal WN, VX, and CO use at FLL is nicer than the older parts of the AA terminal at MIA (unless those are closed for remodeling now). MIA's airsides tend to be nicer, but WN at FLL has a wonderfully spacious landside.
Old May 27, 2011, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
However, the terminal WN, VX, and CO use at FLL is nicer than the older parts of the AA terminal at MIA (unless those are closed for remodeling now). MIA's airsides tend to be nicer, but WN at FLL has a wonderfully spacious landside.
Actually, there is more airlines who already in terminals 1 is Vision Airlines, G4, F9, FL. FL has already moved at entire T1 last Tuesday. You probably will see more extremely overcrowded at entire concourse B.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.