Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Atlanta Finally Has Its Own Passport Office!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Passport Office Opens in ATL 5/16

Finally, the world's busiest airport has close proximity to a passport office! ^

This may be moved to a more general travel forum, but thought it would be of particular interest to DL fliers who are in & out of ATL frequently. MrWeezer needed new pages for his passport for an upcoming TATL trip on DL, so we made an appt & flew to MSY earlier in the week. The agent there recommended he get a whole new passport as his is looking old & frayed, and she told him about the new ATL office. It's located near the Peachtree Center MARTA stop, convenient enough to ATL.

http://bit.ly/j0HjDf
Old May 12, 2011, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks OP. Glad I caught this before it was lost on the DL forum. I have 5 hours in ATL when I come back from GVO in a week and will want to take advantage of this office.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AGR,CO,PC,AA
Its about time.
Old May 12, 2011, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Finally, the world's busiest airport has close proximity to a passport office! ^

This may be moved to a more general travel forum, but thought it would be of particular interest to DL fliers who are in & out of ATL frequently. MrWeezer needed new pages for his passport for an upcoming TATL trip on DL, so we made an appt & flew to MSY earlier in the week. The agent there recommended he get a whole new passport as his is looking old & frayed, and she told him about the new ATL office. It's located near the Peachtree Center MARTA stop, convenient enough to ATL.

http://bit.ly/j0HjDf
Do you get a free replacement for the frayed passport, of course, with he same validity as the old frayed passport? Or do yo have to cough up fee for another passport, losing the remainder of the validity of your old passport?
Old May 13, 2011, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by Yaatri
Do you get a free replacement for the frayed passport, of course, with he same validity as the old frayed passport? Or do yo have to cough up fee for another passport, losing the remainder of the validity of your old passport?
Good question, I'll have him ask. It's due to expire in 3 years, and he was down to one empty box for stamps, which is why the NOLA agent suggested he just start over with a new, larger one that has 50 pages (vs getting 20 new pages). Based on what that agent said, sounds like he's starting over & paying for a new one. He'll lose visas for Chile & Argentina that still have a few years left, which is a bummer since we're going back to Chile this summer.
Old May 16, 2011, 6:41 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

No more depending on the passport offices in New Orleans, Miami or Washington, D.C. for a passport if you are based in Atlanta or nearby. The new passport office in Atlanta had a ribbon-cutting ceremony today, even though it officially opened on May 2, 2011.

It is about time!
Old May 16, 2011, 6:47 pm

Yes... I have both overpaid and gone out of my way to get expedited passports in the past. Now, if we can get a Chinese and Indian consulate in Atlanta for visa access, life will be better still
Old May 26, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gld, SPG Gld, Hyatt, PC, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by xooz
Yes... I have both overpaid and gone out of my way to get expedited passports in the past. Now, if we can get a Chinese and Indian consulate in Atlanta for visa access, life will be better still
There is a Chinese visa office in Atlanta. Open Monday to Friday 10:30AM - 5:30PM.

2505 Chamblee Tucker Rd.
Suite 210
Chamblee, GA 30341
Tel: 678-665-VISA(8472)
http://www.chinaatlanta.org
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:01 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by xooz
Maybe throw in a Russian one too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.