FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   South (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south-454/)
-   -   GGG Longview Regional Airport (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south/1165508-ggg-longview-regional-airport.html)

EastTexMan Dec 29, 2010 3:04 pm

GGG Longview Regional Airport

I have no idea what section I should post this in, maybe I'm in the correct one.
Just curious if there is anyone out there that fly out of the Longview Regional (GGG) airport and what you think of it. What would you like to see to make it more enjoyable to fly out of there? I do know they are about to do some renovating on the terminal and the new parking lots are already in the process of being built. One thing I hope they eventually do is open another resturant so there will be a place to get a bite to eat. The one that was there, Bondocks, closed a few months ago.
Have you had any dealings with the TSA or AA employees there? What was your experiance with them?

Jenbel Dec 29, 2010 3:33 pm

Moved over to the South USA destination forum

Jenbel
Co-moderator, Communitybuzz!

roadwarrior365 Dec 30, 2010 4:20 am

Originally Posted by EastTexMan (Post 15544768)
I have no idea what section I should post this in, maybe I'm in the correct one.
Just curious if there is anyone out there that fly out of the Longview Regional (GGG) airport and what you think of it. What would you like to see to make it more enjoyable to fly out of there? I do know they are about to do some renovating on the terminal and the new parking lots are already in the process of being built. One thing I hope they eventually do is open another resturant so there will be a place to get a bite to eat. The one that was there, Bondocks, closed a few months ago.
Have you had any dealings with the TSA or AA employees there? What was your experiance with them?

This used to me my old home airport. I always liked you could show up there as late as you wanted and still make the flight. The big problem I had with the airport was when AA cut down the flight to two a day and I decided to fly either out of Tyler or Shreveport. The TSA and AA employees are friendly and if you are a somewhat frequent flyer they will start reconizing you. Never had any problems with them. Parking used to be free, which was also a big thing when I was gone for a week or two.

EastTexMan Dec 30, 2010 12:51 pm

Thanks Jenbel, wasn't sure where to put that post.

Roadwarrior.... They have tore the parking lot completely up and are in the process of rebuilding it. They build a small parking lot by Stebbins to hold the cars until the new one is finished. I'm pretty sure the parking will be free, or at least only the honor box. They have a budgit to renovate the terminal but I think it is only for something like $700,000 which sounds like a lot but won't go to far. One thing is for sure they will not be getting the AI machine. i heard the might get a new bagage x ray and a new WTMD. My only complaint with GGG is they can't seem to get the thermostat to stay at one setting. Some days it's freezing, others you burn up. But the friendly people more tha make up for it. I just wish more people would fly out of it, especially with the cheaper rates they offer.