Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

FLL - Tri Rail.

FLL - Tri Rail.

Old Nov 25, 2009, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Air, Flying Blue, United, Air Canada, Aeromexico
FLL - Tri Rail.

Is it hard to get from the terminal to the TRI Rail station at FLL?
Need to take the train from FLL to MIA (where I have booked a rental), and I gues the train would be way cheaper than a cab. Now, what I don't know ,is how easy/complicated this might be.
Does anyone know if the TRI train tickets can be purchased at the train , or some other place in the airport????
Any tips , would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ticu
Is it hard to get from the terminal to the TRI Rail station at FLL?
Need to take the train from FLL to MIA (where I have booked a rental), and I gues the train would be way cheaper than a cab. Now, what I don't know ,is how easy/complicated this might be.
Does anyone know if the TRI train tickets can be purchased at the train , or some other place in the airport????
Any tips , would be appreciated.

Thanks!
No, you have to payable the vending machines before to get onboard the trains. If you doesn't have tri-rail ticket and you will be result $50 citation. You have to choose for which stations where you can go there. If you go to platforms to lookout the vending machines to do search which the stations is that. If you paid one-way tri-rail ticket and there will be provided the shuttle bus is waited for you at the stations. If you select MIA Airport Station and anywhere if you want to wishes to be transferred the bus or shuttle. The shuttle bus will go straight to the terminals.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
To add to the information that N830MH has provided:

There is a no-charge shuttle that takes you from the Arrivals level (there are several pickup points along the curb (once you exit baggage claim, look for smallish signs marking the Tri-Rail pick-up spots). Time schedules are posted in the area of the signs.

The shuttle deposits you immediately at the entrance to the Dania Beach - Ft. Lauderdale Airport station. As you enter the station, there is a manned booth to the left, and automated machines on the right. Be aware that change for a USD 10 or USD 20 bill will be given in $1 coins, which are (unlike the Canadian $1 "Loonie" coins) NOT widely used in the US.

To prepare, be sure to study the train and shuttle schedules located on the Tri-Rail website:

http://tri-rail.com/rider_info/stati...dale%20AIRPORT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.