Best hotel award value in Santiago?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond

Quick question: Since Priority Club is raising the points for awards (but allows us to book with old point schedule) for two months...Should I even consider the Intercontinental or Crowne Plaza hotel? Our trip is not until late August. Family of 4, active. I intend to do a more comprehensive research for what the best hotel would be for us (size of room/upgrade possibilities/location/free breakfasts/swimming pool/value, etc etc)

HH Gold, Starwood Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Accor Platinum
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I find the Holiday Inn Express next door to the Intercontinental is a tremendous value. You wouldn't really know it's a HIX - it's in an upscale part of town. A new, modern high rise hotel. The rooms are well appointed and a great point value.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Is there a particular part of town where you want to stay?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I have no idea about Santiago. I just want to come and spend almost three days in a nice hotel that is near to where we can get a good feel for the place in our limited time there. I have lots of research to do on what to do there. I am trying to eliminate some hotel options. I was surprised to see no Hilton here, just a Hilton Garden Inn. How is the Hyatt and its location?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

I have done some research on tripadvisor and am beginning to now focusing on the Starwood properties. The Crowne Plaza sounds fine but the location may not be too central. The Intercontinental does not have good reviews at all. The Radisson has great reviews but I am not spending 44k Club Carlson pts for a night! The Grand Hyatt looks fine but have no status and not sure how many points it goes for and have concerns about location too. So it is now down to the Starwood properties. Any comments appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.