Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tips for visiting Iguazu falls from my recent trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2012, 6:50 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by greendx
I'm planning a 3 day 2 night visit to Iguazu first week of July, flying in from AEP to IGR 1210pm on day 1 and leaving on the 703pm flight on day 3. Sheraton is a bit pricey for me so I'll be staying in Puerto Iguazu and will be going to the Argentinian side of the falls on my second day and Brazilian side on day 3.

What I'm wondering is if my flight is on time and say I'm at my hotel at 2pm at the latest on day 1 would it make sense to go right to the falls (Argentinian side) to get about 3 hours of sight seeing in? I can also fly in earlier in the morning but don't want to be very tired having to get up at 4-5am to start my day. Since I would still have a full day at the falls on day 2 wondering what makes the best sense. As for Brazilian side on day 3 I would try to arrange a taxi from my hotel to take me there and back. I already have a Brazilian visa so that's not an issue. What I'm trying to figure out is timing. What time should I leave for Brazilian side to be able to see enough and make the 7pm flight to AEP?

Finally I really wanted avoid flying AR due to its bad reputation for never being on time and often outright canceling flights. Unfortunately LANs schedule doesn't really work out for what I'm trying to do. Any one have any recent experience flying with AR to Iguazu?
If you are flying out of IGR, why not consider touring the Brazilian side on day 2, when the timing of getting back and forth is less crucial? Then you could see the Argentinian side on day 3 before flying out and not have to worry about time for transit and border crossings. And yes, I see no reason why you couldn't go into the park for a few hours on day 1. There are a number of distinct trails on the Argentinian side so it is easy to just see a piece of the park.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 8:29 pm

I am getting to Iguazu area on the bus from Asuncion at around 1pm on Tuesday and leaving Wednesday night at 7pm from IGR on Argentina side. I am staying in the Sheraton.

Question was if is worth going from the Brazilian side when I arrive by bus straight to hotel to drop off luggage and then spend Tues afternoon on the Argentina side, and the go Wed to see the Brazil side and bird park at leisure on Wed and then return for my flight?

Also I want to see the dam if possible and was wondering if it made sense to see it on Wednesday of I should do that when coming in from Asuncion since I will already be in Paraguay? I do wish to have time on Tues to see the Arg side if possible though.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Maykita
If you are flying out of IGR, why not consider touring the Brazilian side on day 2, when the timing of getting back and forth is less crucial? Then you could see the Argentinian side on day 3 before flying out and not have to worry about time for transit and border crossings. And yes, I see no reason why you couldn't go into the park for a few hours on day 1. There are a number of distinct trails on the Argentinian side so it is easy to just see a piece of the park.
Actually that's a pretty good idea, thanks. I ended up booking a flight that gets into IGR at 2pm on day 1 but I should still be able to get some time in on Argentinian side on day one and day 3 and dedicate all of day 2 for Brazil.

I finished booking all my flights and hotels a couple of weeks ago and now that I am leaving for my trip in a couple of days I'm finally getting around to planning the rest of the details.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 1:05 pm

Any other recent trip reports?
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:26 am

Is there a difference between afternoon and morning in terms of the views from the Brazilian side of the falls?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.