Wiki Posts
Search

J Class: American Airlines vs. Delta

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
J Class: American Airlines vs. Delta

We are flying J into Buenos Aires and returning in J via either Lima or Santiago (have not decided yet).

I'd appreciate the groups collective thoughts on the J-class seats and service using either Delta (767-300/400) or American Airlines (777/767).

The connections times in the in the AA/DL hub from/to home make it a wash, and the prices are pretty similar.

Also, are there any advantages (e.g., change fees, banking of the ticket cost for use at another time) of either airline with respect to making changes in the itinerary?

Many thanks for your advice!

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 12, 2017 at 12:52 am Reason: Added question
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:27 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I would suggest you posting this same thread/question in the Argentina Forum.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
AA seats - I prefer the AA new 777 seats over the DL 767 seats. That is ... if you're on a reconfigured AA plane (either a 2 cabin 777 or a 77W. The old 3 cabin 777s are horrendous slantyseats in J). DL service is probably a little better, and F&B is better, but not better enough for choice of airline if there are other considerations. I've got no experience with newer AA 767 seats.

Airport experiences:
EZE - AA you can use either the AA or LATAM lounges. I don't like the AA lounge much but the LATAM lounge is decent. DL uses the Aerolineas Argentinas Skyteam lounge - a nice space with paltry offerings. Not worth a visit if you have other lounge options.

SCL - AA has its own lounge (not horrible) or you can use the LATAM lounge, which is one of the nicest J lounges in the Americas. Louis Roederer is "on tap" (self pour) as well as the inflight J wine options. Food is ok - mostly cold items. DL has a dank dark depressing overcrowded lounge.

LIM - I hate connecting @ LIM. (I hate it so much I'll be doing it this week and next ) The lounge situation for all airlines (there are two shared lounges for all airlines) is an overcrowded joke at peak hours.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
I would suggest you posting this same thread/question in the Argentina Forum.
Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
AA seats - I prefer the AA new 777 seats over the DL 767 seats. That is ... if you're on a reconfigured AA plane (either a 2 cabin 777 or a 77W. The old 3 cabin 777s are horrendous slantyseats in J). DL service is probably a little better, and F&B is better, but not better enough for choice of airline if there are other considerations. I've got no experience with newer AA 767 seats.

Airport experiences:
EZE - AA you can use either the AA or LATAM lounges. I don't like the AA lounge much but the LATAM lounge is decent. DL uses the Aerolineas Argentinas Skyteam lounge - a nice space with paltry offerings. Not worth a visit if you have other lounge options.

SCL - AA has its own lounge (not horrible) or you can use the LATAM lounge, which is one of the nicest J lounges in the Americas. Louis Roederer is "on tap" (self pour) as well as the inflight J wine options. Food is ok - mostly cold items. DL has a dank dark depressing overcrowded lounge.

LIM - I hate connecting @ LIM. (I hate it so much I'll be doing it this week and next ) The lounge situation for all airlines (there are two shared lounges for all airlines) is an overcrowded joke at peak hours.
Really helpful! Thanks! I assume that the lounge is accessible for J-class passengers?

Edit: I just booked on AA since all the metrics aligned. Decided to leave from SCL.

Thanks again!

Last edited by 747FC; Mar 12, 2017 at 7:43 pm Reason: Update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.