Search

Long Layover in SCL, Checked Bag Questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS
Long Layover in SCL, Checked Bag Questions

Hey Everyone,

I have a trip coming up where I will be flying IAH-SCL-COR on UA and LA (single ticket) with an 8.5 hour layover in SCL. I will have 3-4 large checked bags and wanted to know if it is required to collect and recheck the bags in SCL? If so, would they accept them 8 hours before the SCL-COR flight?

Thank you folks, your help is much appreciated.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
Hey Everyone,

I have a trip coming up where I will be flying IAH-SCL-COR on UA and LA (single ticket) with an 8.5 hour layover in SCL. I will have 3-4 large checked bags and wanted to know if it is required to collect and recheck the bags in SCL? If so, would they accept them 8 hours before the SCL-COR flight?

Thank you folks, your help is much appreciated.
As long as your bags are checked through, all you need to do is go through transit security.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 4:47 pm

The issue is whether they will check them through or not at origin check-in. 8 hours does not seem that much, so you should be okay, especially on a single ticket.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
I can't answer your specific question but if you do have an issue re-checking the bags, there is a luggage storage place in the arrivals hall at SCL. Turn left when you come out of the customs hall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.