Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > South America
Reload this Page >

Couple of days out from Bogota - Safe and possible?

Old May 22, 2016, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

I will have a couple of extra days and would like to head out of Bogota. I was think of the following:

Day 1: Bogota --> Villa de Leyva (morning) --> Barichara (afternoon), night in Barichara
Day 2: Barichara --> Bogota

Just checking if there are easy bus/taxi connections between the three places from Bogota to Villa de Leyva, between Villa de Leyva and Barichara and back from Barichara to Bogota. I will plan to be back in Bogota by about 7 PM on Day 2.

Also, any safety issues to be unduly concerned about?
Old May 22, 2016, 8:00 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Day 1

Bogotá - Tunja 3 hours
Tunja - Villa de Leyva 1 hour
Villa de Leyva - Tunja 1 hour
Tunja to San Gil 3-4 hours
San Gil to Barichara 40 minutes

Day 2

Barichara to San Gil 40 minutes
San Gil to Bogotá 7-8 hours

This is just a way to spend 2 days on buses. Really not worth it
Old Jun 9, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FS PP, Starwood PP, MO Fan Club, Peninsula, Dorchester, RF Knights,
All that traveling is a little tight. Check out some cute little towns close to the city (Zipaquira, Tenjo...), head to Villa de Leyva in the evening, spend the next day there, visit Tunja and come back to the city.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: AA; GOL Smiles; COPA ConnectMiles; Marriot Bonvoy Titanium; Amtrak Guest Rewards Elite
While not part of your original plan, think about catching a flight to Manizales. Roundtrips can be had on Avianca for a good price, and it's a nice way to check out coffee country and visit a coffee plantation. You can also hike a volcano if that is your thing, but plan two whole days for that.

I really enjoyed Manizales (went there for a theatre festival) and met some really cool people. It's less than an hour flight from Bogota.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN | UA 1K
Ah Barichara, el pueblo mas romantico de colombia. don't forget to buy some ants
Skip the bus adventure tour in between and fly to bucaramanga

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.